E I G H T E E N

Isabelle pov

Isabelle pov

I threw my head back and laughed, looking at Xavier and Cyrus who were racing up the hill. "Where were you both last night? I have searched for you guys everywhere." Elora asked.

"We went out for dinner. Cyrus mentioned that you two went on a date." Elora smiled. "Yeah, we went on a date but we came early thinking of watching a movie together."

"Good that Cyrus took you out. I hope you had fun."

"Yeah, I did. We went to this restaurant down the street. The food was good and there was live singing."

"Ha―Ha. We went to Jimmy's bar and restaurant. Xavier is friends with Jimmy and we love their crafted beer. Maybe we should visit Jimmy's tonight."

I nodded my head. "Sounds like a good plan."

We are in the Halawa Valley. Hiking up the hill to meet the Sons of Halawa. I have seen a couple of videos of them and Cyrus decided it would be nice to meet them in person. We are on our way to witness the Halawa customs and traditions.

"Let's take a break," Elora groaned. I nodded my head and stopped walking. Cyrus and Xavier decided to take a break as well. They were carrying our bags.

"How far is it?" Elora asked. Xavier looked at the maps. "Five minutes' walk from here and we would be meeting Philip at the end."

I looked for the base. From what I have heard, Philip and his son live at the base with their families. They are open to tourists and travellers. They earn their livelihood from being the guides of the valley.

*

Cyrus held my hand while Philip showed us around. We were wearing grass garlands and a piece of traditional cloth was tied around our waists. I love the vibrant yet beautiful culture they have.

"We are having a meet and greet with the locals tonight in the community hall. We would love to host you," Philip said.

"Do you rent out any cabins for us to stay for the night? If we are going to stay for the evening, it isn't ideal for us to hike back," Cyrus said.

"Yeah... We would love to stay for the night," Xavier added.

"Yes... Yes... You don't have to worry about the stay. We have cabins and rooms as well."

"We would love to rent the cabins, Philip," Elora said. Philip gave us a happy nod. "We will make your stay a happy one and you all will love the evening. We do cultural programs."

We entered Philips's home. "You could stay here and enjoy the view. My wife will be bringing you the snacks."

"Thank you, Philip."

"Okay, Philip." I took my seat beside Cyrus and he wrapped his arm around me as we looked at the hills. "This is beautiful, isn't it?"

I hummed. "Yes, they are sweet and humble as well."