N i n e

"You ruined me,"

"You ruined me,"

Isabelle POV

Everything was great. I'm happy to be here but I know this happiness is going to end in a few days. I never thought this would end this soon. Last night after dinner, I fell asleep in the car. Cyrus carried me to the room. I got woken up by the constant ringing of my phone.

Everything just crashed when I heard my father's angry voice. He asked me where I was. He repeated the question twice and I knew I was doomed when he said he was home and I was nowhere to be seen. A cold shiver ran throughout my body.

I was tense when I found Cyrus. I told him that I had to be home. He didn't ask me any further questions. He understood. With the help of his chopper, he dropped me off at home.

"You sure about it?" Cyrus asked me. I turned to him.

"If I'm sure or not. I need to go and face him, that's the only option left for me."

"You can always come with me."

I shook my head. I'm not sure what Cyrus thinks about me. I cannot risk running away from the situation and the wedding. I need to face my father and I cannot risk anyone's safety because of my own selfishness. That is not what I want to happen.

"No." My voice cracked and I fisted my hands as they started shaking.

"I will always be there for you. You have my phone number. I'm one call away." Tears well up in my eyes. I couldn't look into his eyes. "I don't want to leave you alone, but I don't want you to run away from your situation. Stand up for yourself and make the decision for your own sake. Be selfish or else it would be a slow killing." He gave me a pat before getting into his car.

I felt like some part of my soul was left with him. I started walking towards the mansion with a dread-filled heart. The gates were open and guards looked down at the ground. The maids opened the doors before giving me a petty look. I walked inside to see Caroline, Sara and my father in the living room. They were talking about me.

Sara gave a sinister smile. "Dad, look who's here finally." She sneered.

"Where were you?" He asked me.

"Ohh, so you decide to be silent. Then let me tell you where you were these days." He threw magazines and newspapers in front of me. My gaze went to the cover pages. They were pictures of Cyrus and me together. The front page is covered with our picture. I read the captions which said,

"Weinburg and Edwards together?"

"The multimillionaire's daughter is seen with the MULTI-billionaire ZACHARIAH WEINBURG, and don't forget the fact that she is going to marry Mick White!"

"Does Dave Edwards know that his daughter is seeing his biggest rivalry?!"

"The way Mr Weinburg was protective around Miss Edwards clearly shows that he is in love!"

Are they both enemies?

I looked at my father, he was furious. "I told you, Dave, not to trust her to leave her alone. Look what we are going to answer or say to Mick and his family?" Caroline snapped. I tried hard not to roll my eyes at her.

"I regret trusting her. Mick's a good person. He understood and he is ready to marry her," Father spoke. His voice sounded lethal. "What about his family?" Caroline questioned.

"He will speak with them. We are having dinner with them and you―" Father gave a pointed look. "You will apologize to Mick and his family."

"Dad, ask her why, in the first place, she was with him," Sara spoke.

"Are you going to say something or stand like a statue?"

"He is my friend," I replied.

"Oh, I never know that you have friends or should I say friend?" Sara piped in.

"Why do we never get to know that he is your friend?" Father asked me.

"Because you never cared to know about what's happening in my life." I wanted to say, but I stayed quiet.

"How did you guys meet?" Caroline asked.

"Is she going to say something or not, Dave? Everyone is talking about this. Everyone is calling me to point out what kind of daughter we have. My reputation has gone just because of your daughter. Sara's friends are making fun of her." Caroline yells, looking at me with disgust.

"Tell me Dave, who is going to marry my daughter if they know Sara's sister is a gold digger and a cheater? Don't they think that Sara is also like her sister?" Caroline started fake crying. Sara joined her mother as well. I exhaled heavily and sighed my shoulders.

"Father, I'm sorry, I don't wanna talk about it now," I said before walking towards the stairs. I didn't wait for his reply as I started climbing the steps. When I was about to climb the last step,

I heard my father's loud voice. "It won't be good if you meet that man again, get ready for your marriage. You are not allowed to go out until your sister or your mother says."

Caroline isn't my mother nor will she be. I entered my room. It was dark. I closed the door and sighed. I went straight to bed, removed the sneakers I was wearing and fell on the bed. Words started ringing in my mind.

Father called Cyrus Zachariah. Why did they call him Cyrus? If my father and Cyrus are rivals, then why did he take me to his grandparents' home?

Thinking of Beth and Pablo crushed my heart. I probably haven't even bid farewell. I don't know what I am going to do and I don't know what my father, Caroline, Sara and Mick are going to do. I couldn't wrap my head around the truth that they were rivals.

There were no bad intentions from Cyrus. Maybe he is a bad person, but who isn't bad in the business world? My family isn't any better. Even if Cyrus was an enemy, he never treated me like one. He respected me and showed me his family. I will forever be in debt for the kindness they have showered upon me.