o36

KIM TAEHYUNG
A YEAR AGO: WEDDING DAY

-

Today was it. The day where I'd finally get married to her. To Tang Hee-Young.

My mother arranged for this marriage and it's now happening. I met her about a year ago. Yes, I'm 17, getting married early. She's two years older than me, which I don't mind. Mature girls are better.

But I don't love her. She's just someone I go to when I need relief.

We have arguments all the time. They consist of me loving her or not or, about our future together. And every time she mentions our future, nothing for me comes up.

I don't see myself with her. And when I leave for a couple days, I always manage to come back to her. And now, we're getting married because I can't seem to get her out of my life.

There she was. Hee-Young looked beautiful as ever. The maidens walked down, throwing white rose petals to the floor.

Hee-Young was wearing a gorgeous wedding gown. A long, white, silk dress that was being held up slightly by other helpers she hired as she walked down the aisle.

Her veil covered her beautiful eyes that always brought me towards her. Right now, I just wanted to walk towards her and kiss her. She was just that beautiful.

Yes, I said I don't love her. But there is just lust whenever I see her.

She started to walk up on the small steps and the maidens left.

Her flowers were wrapped around her hands as she looked down at them. Excited and nervous about her marriage.

I dreaded this. But if I were to stay alive, I have to marry her.

The priest started to speak and say the usual bullshit he does for weddings. Then we said our vows. Of course I never meant anything I said, but she did. Then we put the rings on and yata yata yata yata.

"And now, you may kiss the bride." My hands went down to her veil, lifting it up and throwing it over her head slowly. She looked at me like I was the only thing she ever wanted.

But I looked at her like she was not even the last thing I ever wanted.

For the act, I leaned in and kissed her. She kissed back, of course, and everyone stood up, cheering and clapping.

Once I pulled away, she pulled me back and the crowd shouted with aw's and oo's.

The wedding went on. Cake was served, drinks were poured, dances happened, and until 2 in the morning, we all stayed. And then we went back to our hotel room, drunk and filled with burning desires to rip each other apart.

Which we did.

God, and I wish I never had gotten drunk that day, and I wish I never slept with her. Because it just stirred more feelings into the pot and later on, I wouldn't be able to leave her.

-

I didn't like this chapter.