o44

KIM TAEHYUNG

"Seokjin, get the fucking cops over here."

"Why? What happened? Did you find joy!?" He shouted through the phone as I stared at the building in front of me.

KIM & PARK APARTMENTS .

"Fucking hell, Bring the whole S.W.A.T team. It's time I brought my baby home." The call ended faster than the flash running. Jin was running with Min to the car after they had called the police.

The sign in front of the apartment complex was big and all the words were written in bold, screaming at me and saying, "JOY IS IN THERE." Of course, the words really weren't speaking or changing, but if they did, that's what they would have said.

The sign originally spelt, "KIM ENTERPRISE HAS PARTNERED UP WITH PARK LUXURIES TO BRING YOU WONDERFUL NEW APARTMENTS!" Now, how would I know she laid there? Well, because my parents— well, ex parents — never partner up with anyone. And Park? Park is Joy's surname. Her father's name is "Park Jaeyun" and the time that he came to visit Jin's old apartment...

FLASHBACK

"Leave." Jin growled out, about to shut the door but Joy's father pushed himself into his house, dragging her mother in as well.

The house went dead silent. Minseo went off the phone and stopped cooking. Joy was gripping the bottom of her shirt tightly.  Meanwhile Jin was controlling the rage in him.

And me? I was fuming. Her parents were fuck ups. How dare they come here and show themselves, try to be apart of her life now.

"Joy we'd like to talk." Her mother said in a soft tone. One she used to say when she read her bedtime stories. And when she abandoned her. That's what Joy had told me.

"There's nothing to talk about. You both left me to rot and now you're reunited? Were you two secretly in contact as I was suffering?"

They didn't seem fazed. They left her, their own daughter. They left Joy long ago and her mom left her flesh and blood alone because of the so called abomination that was growing in her. The so called abomination that I helped create.

As the argument kept going, I stood up and turned my head towards the window to see a bunch of cars with the title, "PARK LUXURIES" spread across them. Except a jet black one, of course. Maybe her father had become rich and wanted to win her back.

END OF FLASHBACK

I didn't care much about it then. I just wanted to comfort Joy at that time. But now, it's all making sense. The reason why the person with the mask didn't harm Joy. The reason why when she was running down the stairs, she didn't seem harmed at all. Until the explosion happened.

Then it all clicked right then and there. Her father was the masked man who didn't harm her, but my ex parents were the ones who exploded the house. They had contacts and many connections with people who carried illegal weapons and explosives.

I can't believe I didn't see it earlier. And I can't believe that for six months, Joy had been here. So close to me.

When I walked in, the receptionist looked worried. She quickly moved to go make a call but I ran over to her desk, pulling the phone away harshly and grabbing her wrist as tight as I could. Anger, Betrayal, Pain, and Sadness had showed through my eyes. The woman became scared and she just yelled out numbers.

"4 and 17 !"

Quickly, I ran to the elevator and pressed the elevator button, heading to the 4th floor. The doors slide open and I ran down the hall to room 17. As I reached there, a cleaner was already there in the room across, their key card hanging out of their cart.

Grabbing the damned thing, I swiped it over to room #17's and basically kicked the door open. My heart was tightening as I sprinted into the room. What I saw brought tears to my eyes and suddenly, I didn't know how to speak.

A pregnant girl — no, woman, was in front of me. Her hands wrapping around her belly protectively as she was suddenly alarmed by the sudden outburst by the door. But then they dropped as a gasp of happiness came out. Tears slipped down her beautiful, angelic face. The same one that will always remain in my mind.

I had no words. All I knew was that — that —

"I'm pregnant, and You're the Father, Kim Taehyung."