Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Wanna come over to my house?

-

It's been a few days since the robbery, and the police still haven't found the robber from what I've heard, but apparently they took a lot of money, and not only from the vault I was in !

Right now I'm in science, drawing in my book and ignoring everything the teacher is / has been saying for the past 45 minutes.

As I begin to finish up my drawing, I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn around and see Jess staring at me with a huge smile.
"What?" I ask, closing my book and leaning over my chair.
"Did you hear what the teacher said?!" She asks excitedly. I slowly shake my head as she lets out a high pitched squeal.
"You're partners with Dash! You're so lucky!" She smiles even more as I frown.

Dash Parr? Really? Isn't there anyone else I could partner up with? Anyone's better than him.

I look forward again and notice him looking at me with a smug grin on his face. He winks at me and turns back around. I feel my cheeks slowly heat up, but ignore the feeling and roll my eyes, he may be the hottest guy in school, but I don't fall for someone I hardly know like other girls here.

I finally hear the bell ring and begin making my way towards the door. My next class is PE, so that shouldn't be too bad since the classes are separated by genders. ( the gender you're born with, for people who are gender neutral / fluid )

-

I walk out of the changing room with Jess in my T-shirt and sports leggings. As we make our way towards the bleachers, I notice that the boys are there too.

'That's strange.. maybe they just wanna announce something to everyone.' I prey.

I walk up the stairs and sit at the very back, not even taking note that Dash and his friends are in-front of us.
"Alright, listen up, since it's a new year, we have to assess you on your athletic skills, so to make it quicker we've decided to join up the classes today." One of the PE teacher shouts.

I look at Jess to see her smirking and looking back at me, crossing her arms.
"You have got to be kidding me." I say as she laughs slowly, patting my shoulder.

-

A while after the assessment, me and Jess are running around the track, just until the end of period.
"(y/n)!" I hear someone shout behind me. I turn around to see the one and only Dash. I look forward again and start to run faster. Not too long later I hear footsteps next to me, and they're not Jess's.
"Come on (y/n), you know you can't out run me, I'm the fastest kid in the school." He says smugly.
"Yeah, well, has it ever occurred to you that maybe I just don't wanna see you, and that maybe, you should stop chasing me?" I pant, stopping and resting my hands on my knees. He stops as well and chuckles slightly.
"Who wouldn't want to see my beautiful face?" He says as you look up at him and raise an eyebrow.

"Well anyways, I was wondering if you'd like to come over to my house later, y'know, to work on the project?" He asks, giving me a genuine smile. I stand up straight again and cross my arms.
"Is this your way of asking me out Parr?" I ask jokingly, but he seems to take it serious.
"What?! No! Of course not! I-I have a girlfriend! W-Why would you even think that?" He stutters slightly, while I laugh at him.
"Wow, guess Dash Parr really isn't as confident as he seems. I was only joking Parr, calm down." I say as he looks at me shocked.
"O-oh, I knew that, I was just playing along! Anyways, is that a yes?" He asks.
"Sure I guess, I'll be there at 5:00." I smile and continue running away, leaving a bewildered Dash behind.