Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - His House

Dash's p.o.v

I ran home as fast as I could. I was so excited to spend more time with (y/n), I'm not sure why but she just makes me feel relaxed and like I can be my self when I'm around her!

I open the door to my house and run to the kitchen, where I know my mum will be.
"Good afternoon Dash, how was school?" I heard her ask, as I go through the cupboards and pull out a load of different snacks.
"Oh- uh- yeah, it was great mum." I reply, now searching through the fridge for drinks.
"What's with all the food?" She asks, turning to me. I feel my cheeks start to heat up a little, but ignore it and start setting up all of the food in the spare room upstairs.

I quickly make my way back down to her.
"I'm having a friend over to do a project, you don't mind if I use the spare room do you?" I ask, grabbing some cushions from the sofa and running upstairs with them.

I finally finish setting up and sit on the kitchen counter downstairs, panting.
"Of course I don't mind, but can I ask if this 'friend' is a girl by any chance?" She walks over to me, raising an eyebrow. I start blushing even more, hoping that she didn't notice, and quickly respond,
"Yeah, it- they- she is. Her name's (y/n)." I smile at her before turning to see Violet leaning on the kitchen door frame.
"Wait, (y/n) as in the girl you wouldn't stop talking about for the whole freshman year? Wow, never thought you'd have the guts to ask her out." Violet says, a small smirk on the end of her lips.
"Shut up Violet, or do you want me to talk about your last boyfriend and how 'in love you were'." I say.

She just rolls her eyes and walks out, probably towards her room to cry about her 'terrible breakup'.

"Dash, you know she's sensitive about her love life." I hear my mum say. I turn towards her and roll my eyes.
"Well she'll need to get over it sooner or later." I hear her sigh as she starts walking back to where she was standing before.
"Well, I don't want any funny business with this girl tonight." A small smile appears on my face as I think about (y/n), but the thought soon leaves my mind when I hear the door bell.

"I'll get it mum, it's probably her." I jump off of the counter and make my way over to the front door, only to find my dad already there, talking to (y/n).
"So you're Dash's new girl friend huh? I have to say, you have much better manners than the last one, and you're much prettier, so that's a good sign." I hear him say. I quickly push him out of the way and grab (y/n)'s hand, pulling her upstairs.

I slam the door shut and release her hand, leaning against the door and giving out of sigh of relief that my family can't embarrass me anymore than they already have.
"Hey, um, Dash? You okay?" I snap out of my trance and see (y/n) waving a hand in front of my face.
"Oh, sorry (y/n), I was just daydreaming." I laugh awkwardly.
"Anyways, do you wanna start the project." I ask, walking over to the area on the floor that I set all the pillows on and sitting down. She sits down next to me and we start working on the science project.

-

Your p.o.v

After about an hour, me and Dash finally finish the project. I put down my pen and stuff the work into my bag, getting ready to leave.
"Well, thanks for inviting me here I guess." I say, as I look back up at him.
"Wait, (y/n), I was thinking that maybe you could stay here and watch a movie with me?" He asks nervously. I just start laughing since I've never seen him act like this before.
"Sure, what movie were you thinking?" As soon as I finish my sentence, the first thing I notice is the huge smile on Dash's face.
"I don't actually know, do you wanna choose?" He asks, pulling a big box of movies out from under the bed behind us.

-

I finally find a movie I like, it's a romance, but that doesn't matter, right?

I was about to put the disc into the DVD player when I heard the door creek open. I turn to see a tired looking little boy, rubbing his eyes and holding onto the handle of the door.
"Jack-jack! What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" Dash asks, also noticing the little boy at the door.
"I was in bed, but then I heard you in here and wanted to see what was going on? Is this your girlfriend Dash? Did you break up with the mean lady?" The little boy/Jack-jack asks, yawning and walking over to where we were.
"No, I'm just his friend, and I agree, Veronica's a very mean lady." I laugh and look at him. He just smiles at me and sits on my lap, falling asleep almost instantly.

I turn to Dash and see him smiling, but I also see something that I've never seen in his eyes before, almost like he was proud of something.

"Well, we should probably take him back to bed if we wanna watch that movie." I say, breaking the comfortable silence that was filling the room. Dash just nods and picks up Jack-Jack, walking out of the room.