Chapter 7

Stranger things imagine book out now on @BrokenImagines

Chapter 7 - "I like you"

-

Your p.o.v

I got to school earlier than usual the next day. I walked into the changing rooms and put on my swim suit, deciding to stay in the pool for a little before class.

I walked towards the pool and slowly got in, the cold water sending shivers down my spine. Once I got used to the water temperature, I started to swim laps around the pool.

I was finishing up my last lap before I heard the door open. I turned around to see the one and only Dash Parr.

"Well, I never expected to see you at school this early." I laughed, expecting him to laugh with me, but he didn't.
"(y/n), I have something to ask you.." He said quietly, almost impossible to hear. I got out of the pool and wrapped my towel around me.
"What is it Dash?" I walked towards him and crossed my arms over my chest.
"Are you Coyote? You know, the super hero, it's just, I heard something the other day and started to link one thing to another." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

I felt my face turn red as I started to panic.
"W-what? Why o-on earth would you think t-that?" I stuttered, mentally face palming after.
"Please don't lie to me (y/n)." He sighed. I looked down and then back up at him.
"Please don't tell anyone Dash, h-how did you even find out?!" I almost shouted.
"I heard you and your brother talking yesterday at the warehouse." He said. I was confused for a moment before deciding to ask.
"Why were you at the warehouse?"
"My mum sent me for a mission." He said.

I thought for a moment before widening my eyes.
"How did I not realise this sooner? It's so obvious, especially with the names. You're the Dash!" I start pacing around and mentally scolding my self.

"This is great!" He laughed, speaking to no one in particular. I looked at him before raising an eyebrow and standing still.
"What do you mean?" I asked, taking a step towards him.
"The two girls I like are the same person!" He smiles wide, looking at me.
"What?" I ask again, clearly confused. But before I could say anything, he cupped my face and smashed his lips onto mine. I didn't register what was going on, and he pulled away once he felt that I wasn't kissing back.
"(y/n), I like you, but I felt something towards Coyote as well, and now that I know you're the same person, I don't have to worry about that anymore!" He said excitedly.
"Dash, what about Veronica? You already have a girlfriend, and as much as I hate her, I'm not going to let you do that to someone." I say, moving his hands away from my face.
"I'll leave her, please (y/n), Veronica's never made me feel the way that you do, I'm never happy when I'm around her." He pleaded.

I shook my head and locked eyes with him.
"You don't know what you're saying Dash." I say, as I turn around and walk into the female changing rooms.

I sat in there for a while, not bothering to change and ignoring the ringing of the school bell, signalling that it was time for first period.

-

Dash's p.o.v

I stood in the same position I was in when left. How could I have been so stupid as to think that she'd like me back. We've hardly even talked before, but I just feel like u can be my self around her.

"Dash baby, why are you in here?" I heard someone say. I turned around and came face-to-face with Veronica.
"Veronica, I-I need to talk to you." I said, still in shock over what just happened.
"What ever it is can wait until later, we've got to get to class." She said, turning away from me and trying to pull me with her.
"No, Veronica, just listen to me for once!" I said, harsher than u wanted to be.
"What is it Dash? I'm sure it can't be that serious." She asked, rolling her eyes.
"I'm breaking up with you." I replied quickly.

She locked at me with a bewildered look.
"Excuse me?" She asked, as if she hadn't heard me the first time.
"I'm breaking up with you Veronica, I'm not happy with this relationship anymore." I say quietly, avoiding eye contact.
"You're joking." She says, laughing slightly.
"I'm sorry." I almost whisper, finally looking at her. She just scoffs and looks away, trying to hide the tears in her eyes.
"What ever, you'll come back eventually." She says before walking out of the room.

•Word Count : 808