Chapter 9

Sksk nearly at 1k!! 🤧

I also wanna say, if you're wondering about the whole picture thing in the description of the book, that comes much later in the story, sorry to keep you waiting.

-

Chapter 9 : "Our big secret"

-

Your p.o.v

I was sitting in my room, my face in my pillow. I hadn't talked to anyone since I got home, and wasn't planning to for the rest of the night.
"(y/n)! Get your ugly ass down here for dinner!" I heard my brother call from downstairs.

I rolled my eyes and got up.
"Shut up Elijah! I'm on my way now!" I shout back as I make my way down the stairs. I heard my brother laugh as I made my way down the stairs.
"What's got you so grumpy?" My dad asks while he sets the table.
"Nothing, I'm just tired." I respond, not taking my eyes off of the ground. Suddenly I hear the crime alarm ( yes I named it the crime alarm ) went off, and we all rushed down stairs.

"There's been an explosion in a museum." My mother says as she checks the computers.
"(y/n) and Elijah will go in through the front while we go through the back so that we can catch them if they try to escape." My dad responds, looking back at my mum.

I quickly change and run over to my motorbike.
"Race ya." My brother says before getting on his own one and driving through the tunnel, onto the road. I follow close behind, not really bothering to catch up to him.

Once we arrived at the museum, we see people running out of the doors and police making their way around the area. Me and my brother jump over the police tape, nodding at them and making our way in.

As we got to the area where the bomb exploded, we saw another group of people. The Incredibles. I walked towards them, avoiding any eye contact with Dash.
"Well look who decided to join the party." I heard the man say, gesturing towards me and my brother, since my parents weren't here yet. I just ignored him and looked around, noticing Dash's sister, who I now know is Violet, staring at my brother. I look at Elijah, as he looks back at me, I raise an eyebrow to him but he just shrugs and rolls his eyes at her.

I finally see my parents come running in through the back. Not that long after they reach us, they're in a huge argument with Dash's parents.

I was about to walk away and look around as I felt a pair of arms snake their way around my waist.
"Hey Coyote, why don't we go look around over there." I hear Dash say, I sigh and shake my head.
"No funny business with my sister Speedy." I hear my brother say as we walk away, causing Dash to laugh. I roll my eyes at him and continue walking, crossing my arms.
"Look, (y/n)-" Dash starts, but I stop him before he can finish.
"Don't say my name! Anyone could be listening." I whisper shout.
"Fine, Coyote, I'm sorry that I got angry at you for talking to another boy. There's nothing going on between us, *although I wish there were* (whispering that part) and I shouldn't be telling you who you can and can't see." He says, hanging his head low.

I look at him sympathetically and pat his shoulder.
"It's okay Dash, and I'm sorry for running away from you at the swimming pool earlier instead of telling you how I really feel." I smile at him. He looks at me in shock and grabs hold of both of my shoulders.
"Do you like me?" He asks. I blush like mad and look around, avoiding eye contact once again.
"Dash, I like you, I really like you, but I'm not sure if we should rush things like this. I mean we've only really been talking for a week or more and I just want to spend more time with you as friends before getting into a full on relationship." I sigh. I look at him, expecting him to be sad, but he's just nodding.
"That's fine, as long as I know you like me too, I'll wait how ever long you want." He smiles widely as I smile back.

"Oh, also- don't worry about me giving away your identity, it's safe with me, it'll be our little secret." He turns around and starts walking again.
"More like our big secret." I sigh and catch up to him, keeping an eye out for anyone.

After looking around for a while, we hear some noise coming from where we started, so we decided to go back.
Once we get there, we see Elijah and Violet fighting two unfamiliar people in blue and white outfits and masks covering their whole face. One of them appears to be a girl whilst the other looks like a boy.

Me and Dash decide to join the fight, me going after the female while he goes after the male. I use my powers to make vines grow out of the ground and wrap around her legs, only for her to break them not even a second later. As I get a closer look, I notice that the blue on their outfits is the same shade as the pieces of fabric we found at the other crime scenes.

I'm interrupted from my thoughts when I feel my self get pushed to the ground. My vision starts to get blurry and I can't really hear anything. I try to move but I can't, and all of a sudden I'm surrounded by flames. I try harder to move but I still can't.

Finally I see my brother, Violet and Dash run over to me. Dash picks me up while Violet surrounds us with a force field and Elijah tries his best to control the flames.

And everything went black.

Third p.o.v

You all finally managed to get outside, where Dash laid you down and your parents came running over to you. Violet and Dash backed away as your family surrounded you, trying to get you to wake up.

Paramedics tried to take you away in an ambulance but your parents said no and insisted that they took you home and cared for you themselves, just in case the doctors decided to take off your mask. Your mother was also a nurse, so she could care in the mini medical room in your house.

The whole way home, Dash didn't stop thinking and worrying about you, preying that you would wake up soon.

-

Don't worry, I'm not gonna have any time-skips because I know how annoying they are. You WILL wake up the next day so don't worry lmao.

Word Count : 1146