Chapter 1

Hello my dear readers, please follow my author instagram account: jkromanceauthor

Disclaimer!

Please be informed that these earlier chapters are samples and starting from 12 March I will remove the rest of the chapters published in Wattpad. (chapter 18 - 43/end) because I just signed a contract with a reading apps and the completed chapters is now available in a paid platform (G**dnovel). 

For some readers who left complaints in the comment after discovering this, I understand your disappointment but please be respectful. No need to use offensive emojis and abusive language. Everyday writers on Wattpad are struggling to deliver good stories for readers, pouring all their hearts and efforts into it.

For all of you who has reached out to me politely, thank you very much. It's good to know there are still good people out there who appreciate aspired writers like me who's still struggling to make a living out of it. For you who choose to follow my story in paid program, I can't thank you enough. It means so much to me to be rewarded for my work.

For you who have just stumbled upon this chapter, now that you know this is a sample, you can decide whether to follow it or not. If you choose to continue reading, thank you. Know that you have helped and supported an aspired writer to grow and thrive. If you don't, it's OK and thank you for giving my story a chance.

Chapter 1

Peering through the blurred carriage window, Ava Sofia lost in her restless mind with the scenery flying by. The dark had softened to blue and the silvery mist appeared, soon the shimmering rays would rise from the horizon, bringing her a new day she never expected, yet she had to survive.

Fate had its way of changing life in an instant. Her life had turned upside down in a matter of days. Not a week ago, she was a glowing bride-to-be, eagerly awaiting a new chapter of her life. She thought her happily ever after was about to begin. Now she was an anxious runaway. Surely a new chapter of life was on the way to come. But not in a way that she always imagined.

It was not the first time things didn't come out as she expected, and not the first time the ugly truth was revealed to her. In her early years, life was just perfect. As a child, she had grown in the warmth of a family, been loved and pampered like a princess.

With a loving and caring mother, a high-spirited sister that kept boredom away, and the most generous father. Their family was wealthy, they lived in a big farmhouse in Roseville. She always thought her father was a merchant, since he didn't stay with them and always on trip. He came home twice a month in the weekend, bringing her and her sister, Delilah a lot of expensive gifts. She remembered racing with Del along the corridor everytime father came home, to get to kiss him first. She remembered staring at their parents kissing tenderly and dreaming one day she would have a blissful marriage like them. She remembered having dinner together with her family, talking and laughing, sometimes fighting with Del. Those were the days. Before the bitter reality revealed to her. She would forever cherish the golden memories.

At fourteen she found out the truth. One day, a neighbour invited her to join a short trip to London. She went to London along with her maid. She was fascinated with the glam of the city. Strolling around Bond Street, she was overexcited to see all the fancy shops. When she was passing by a trendy restaurant, she saw him.

Her father, with two girls about her age, and an elegant lady. They were having lunch, talking and laughing. His father looked at the girls with loving eyes and a proud smile just like he did to her and Delilah. The sight plagued her and puzzled her the following days. Father came and went as usual, like nothing had happened. She knew something was wrong, but she could not bring herself to ask to him or mother. Time passed by and slowly, gradually, she began to understand.