Chapter 6

Disclaimer!

Please be informed that these earlier chapters are samples and starting from 12 March I will remove the rest of the chapters published in Wattpad. (chapter 18 - 43/end) because I just signed a contract with a reading apps and my story is now available in a paid platform (G**dnovel).

For some readers who left complaints in the comment after discovering this, I understand your disappointment but please be respectful. No need to use offensive emojis and abusive language. Everyday writers on Wattpad are struggling to deliver good stories for readers, pouring all their hearts and efforts into it.

For all of you who has reached out to me politely, thank you very much. It's good to know there are still good people out there who appreciate aspired writers like me who's still struggling to make a living out of it. For you who choose to follow my story in paid program, I can't thank you enough. It means so much to me to be rewarded for my work.

For you who have just stumbled upon this chapter, now that you know this is a sample, you can decide whether to follow it or not. If you choose to continue reading, thank you. Know that you have helped and supported an aspired writer to grow and thrive. If you don't, it's OK and thank you for giving my story a chance.

******

"Who's coming at this hour?"
The dawn was just about to set and the sky had just turned into a lighter shade. Polly rushed to the window and peered through the misted glass. She glanced at Ava and gave a teasing smile.

"Guess who?"
She opened the door and Magnus appeared in the doorway.

"Hi Polly." Magnus smirked then his eyes riveted to her.
"Hello,"
His eyes were laced with guilt.
"I apologize I couldn't make it yesterday, dear." He came towards her.
"The old man kept me training. He insisted I shouldn't leave before he thought it was enough."

Ava gave him a thorough glance. Magnus had been training so hard recently. He really determined to prove something to his parents, to himself even more, that he could be better than his cousin, at least in one thing. She could see changes in his appearance. He became more muscular and a bit rough, and it just made him looked so ruggedly handsome.

Polly had disappeared somewhere, leaving them in privacy and he came closer, his hand brushed her cheek.
"I hope he wasn't so mean to you yesterday? I'm sorry if he made you feel so bad."

Terribly, she thought. But she didn't want to provoke him into an unnecessary confrontation.

"Ava, dear. What are you thinking? You should tell me if he hurt you. I will go now and kill him."

"No, no. You need not to worry." She assured him. "It was quite unpleasant, but not something I can't deal with."

"My brave girl" His eyes flickered with admiration. "Today is for you, every second of it. Come on, I'll be with you all day."

He stayed by her side the whole morning, walked her along to the market, his hand never left hers. He asked her the details of what happened in the tower yesterday, and she had no choice but to tell him.

"Bloody arrogant" He grumbled, seemed deeply irritated.
"Sometimes I feel, I've been misplaced for all my life. Really, I don't belong to my family. I can't wait to quit and forever be free from them."

He thought for a moment before continuing.
"Their conceit overwhelms me. They think and act like they are the most perfect, dignified, flawless persons in the world. I can't stand such hypocrisy any longer."

"One could hardly blame them for that.
Your family has an impeccable reputation for hundred of years. Thus far they has never been touched by any scandal or indignity. No wonder they despise me. I was born from misdeed, I live in disgrace, and now I've been soaking in scandal."