Chapter 7

Disclaimer!

Please be informed that these earlier chapters are samples and starting from 12 March I will remove the rest of the chapters published in Wattpad. (chapter 18 - 43/end) because I just signed a contract with a reading apps and my story is now available in a paid platform (G**dnovel).

For some readers who left complaints in the comment after discovering this, I understand your disappointment but please be respectful. No need to use offensive emojis and abusive language. Everyday writers on Wattpad are struggling to deliver good stories for readers, pouring all their hearts and efforts into it.

For all of you who has reached out to me politely, thank you very much. It's good to know there are still good people out there who appreciate aspired writers like me who's still struggling to make a living out of it. For you who choose to follow my story in paid program, I can't thank you enough. It means so much to me to be rewarded for my work.

For you who have just stumbled upon this chapter, now that you know this is a sample, you can decide whether to follow it or not. If you choose to continue reading, thank you. Know that you have helped and supported an aspired writer to grow and thrive. If you don't, it's OK and thank you for giving my story a chance.

******

It was over. Her relationship with Magnus had come to an end. She knew a great storm would happen one day, but she didn't expect it to come very soon, and that it would force them to break apart so abruptly. She walked home with a blank stare and an empty heart. The sky above her was getting dark. From a distance, lightning struck following by a loud thunderstorm. People rushed to escape themselves from the coming rain, but she remained slow. Some of the people stared at her in confusion, yet they were passing her without breaking pace.

From the opposite direction, came a familiar sight. Magnus was walking toward her. He smiled and waved at her. Her heart ached as if it was squeezed by a cold fist. She didn't have a heart to say goodbye to him. She knew she would never be strong enough to lose him. She fought back the tears and turned away, running to another direction.

"Ava, wait!" In a second, he already caught up, he grabbed her wrist and turned her to face him.
"Why are you running away from me? Have I done something wrong?"

She couldn't hold back her tears when she heard his voice, the tender care in his tone. She sucked in her breath and closed her eyes. She couldn't abide looking into his eyes when saying this.

"I... I can't... I cannot meet you again, Magnus. We must stop seeing each other from now..."

"No!" He exclaimed at once.

"But we should!"

"Why?!!!" He pulled her toward him so hard their body crashed.

"The duke... I've met him this morning. He sent me a message with your name, to meet at the studio. I thought it was you... He knew we were there yesterday..."

"Damn!!! That fucking bastard! What did he do to you?"

"He told me not to see you again, ever. And if I dare to disobey his order, he will tell my father and Roger. Magnus, you know I'm bound to Roger by law. If he ever found me, nothing could stop him from taking me..."

"No!!! I will never let him, nor any man take you from me!"

He pulled her again closer until her breasts pressed tightly against his chest.
"I can't lose you. I swear I will protect you, as long as I live, no man can ever touch you."

Then he claimed her mouth in a desperate kiss. She was spellbound by his oath. Her lips parted to welcome his warm, silken tongue. The kiss was lingering under the heavy rain, and when he finally broke the kiss, she knew that he only wanted more.