Chapter 10

Disclaimer!

Please be informed that these earlier chapters are samples and starting from 12 March I will remove the rest of the chapters published in Wattpad. (chapter 18 - 43/end) because I just signed a contract with a reading apps and my story is now available in a paid platform (G**dnovel).

For some readers who left complaints in the comment after discovering this, I understand your disappointment but please be respectful. No need to use offensive emojis and abusive language. Everyday writers on Wattpad are struggling to deliver good stories for readers, pouring all their hearts and efforts into it.

For all of you who has reached out to me politely, thank you very much. It's good to know there are still good people out there who appreciate aspired writers like me who's still struggling to make a living out of it. For you who choose to follow my story in paid program, I can't thank you enough. It means so much to me to be rewarded for my work.

For you who have just stumbled upon this chapter, now that you know this is a sample, you can decide whether to follow it or not. If you choose to continue reading, thank you. Know that you have helped and supported an aspired writer to grow and thrive. If you don't, it's OK and thank you for giving my story a chance.

******

It will work perfectly, won't it? How long will it take to cure the wound completely?"
Ava cast a hopeful glance at the little pot in her hand. A thick, dark green colored ointment inside the pot gleaming in the candle, its exotic scent filled the air in Madam Nora's little cottage.

"Certainly, it will cure any kind of wound in two or three days. Just try and you'll see the magic."
Nora answered without the littlest doubt. The fortune teller strained her eyes at her in a mysterious gaze.

"Get yourself prepared, young lady."

"For what?"

"Turn and twist of fate. It's coming your way, there's no stopping it, there's no escaping it."

Another absurd, indecipherable prophecy. She better went home now, before the night fell. Certainly she didn't want to experience another terror like the last time she left this place. It didn't stop her to come here again, though. Because she had to do it. She brought her pistol now, in her small reticule. Delilah was right. She had to bring it anywhere she went. Anywhere. Ava put a pouch full of coins on the madam's desk, intended to leave as soon as possible.

The madam's prophecy was highly dubious but the efficacy of her potions had been proven by many. On her way to the madam's house a few days ago, some villagers told her enthusiastically about how the madam's medication had saved their lives when the doctors already gave up on hope. She recalled a woman's story about his son. In an attempt to escape from a locked burning house, the man had broken his hand severely by crushing the door with his fist. The doctor suggested amputation but the man refused the procedure. Desperate to help her son, the woman came to Madam Nora and got her magic ointment. The man's hand recovered quickly and now he could do anything with his hand like nothing ever happened before.

She wished this medication would work its magic on him. She prayed he would completely recover from his injury and he would draw and paint and create many artworks exceedingly well as he did before.

As if she could read her mind, the madam reassured her.
"You needn't worry, child. He will be healed. My ointment will work."

Ava felt a shiver creeping up her nape. This woman knew the person she wanted to help was a man.

"But what cures the flesh, cannot cure the soul. His soul has been tainted by a fatal malady, and he would be tortured, he would be maddened, he would be breaking down, he would be incurable..."