Chapter 3

Disclaimer!

Please be informed that these earlier chapters are samples and starting from 12 March I will remove the rest of the chapters published in Wattpad. (chapter 18 - 43/end) because I just signed a contract with a reading apps and my story is now available in a paid platform (G**dnovel).

For some readers who left complaints in the comment after discovering this, I understand your disappointment but please be respectful. No need to use offensive emojis and abusive language. Everyday writers on Wattpad are struggling to deliver good stories for readers, pouring all their hearts and efforts into it.

For all of you who has reached out to me politely, thank you very much. It's good to know there are still good people out there who appreciate aspired writers like me who's still struggling to make a living out of it. For you who choose to follow my story in paid program, I can't thank you enough. It means so much to me to be rewarded for my work.

For you who have just stumbled upon this chapter, now that you know this is a sample, you can decide whether to follow it or not. If you choose to continue reading, thank you. Know that you have helped and supported an aspired writer to grow and thrive. If you don't, it's OK and thank you for giving my story a chance.

******

It was the same morning like the ones before, but today the sun just shone a little brighter, the birds sang a little sweeter, and she felt her feet swayed a little lighter. She was going to the market as usual, then she had to go to the captain's house. She promised to bring him some food as long as he couldn't move his leg. But it was not the reason why she felt like swinging and humming along the way. He might be there. Magnus. He didn't say a word yesterday but she knew he would be there.

The captain's cottage came in sight, her heartbeat began to race wildly. Suddenly she feared he wasn't there, that there was no chance to meet him again. She sighed in relief when a naked bronze back caught her eye. He was instantly aware of her presence and turned back at her.

She sucked in a breath as his naked torso was exposed completely to her eyes. She had never seen a half naked man before. Or maybe she had but it was definitely nothing close to this. He was a living sculpture, a Greek god embodied in flesh. His chiseled chest was coated with a thin layer of sweat, gleaming under the sun. His golden locks was tied behind his neck. He held a saw, looked like he was working with some timber. A glittering spark flashing in his eyes when he saw her.

"Good morning." Ava greeted him awkwardly, her mouth went dry.

"Nice to see you coming." He showed her his brilliant smile.

"What are you doing here?"

"I promised the old man I would replace his precious planks, so here I am"

"What are they for?"

"Looks like he wanted to make a more sufficient stable for that little fellow." He motioned his head to the donkey rested idly by the fence.

Ava watched him as he continued sawing the timber into rough planks, savoring the mouthwatering sight. His muscles was flowing with every move beneath the glowing suntanned skin, so tempting to touch. He noticed her thorough observation and halted, meeting her gaze. A mischievous grin played in his lips when he said,
"There must be something really interesting around here that has caught your eye."

"What?" She blinked in confusion.

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Seemed like you're going to stand there all day watching. You know, I think the captain is getting hungry now."