Chapter 5

Disclaimer!

Please be informed that these earlier chapters are samples and starting from 12 March I will remove the rest of the chapters published in Wattpad. (chapter 18 - 43/end) because I just signed a contract with a reading apps and my story is now available in a paid platform (G**dnovel).

For some readers who left complaints in the comment after discovering this, I understand your disappointment but please be respectful. No need to use offensive emojis and abusive language. Everyday writers on Wattpad are struggling to deliver good stories for readers, pouring all their hearts and efforts into it.

For all of you who has reached out to me politely, thank you very much. It's good to know there are still good people out there who appreciate aspired writers like me who's still struggling to make a living out of it. For you who choose to follow my story in paid program, I can't thank you enough. It means so much to me to be rewarded for my work.

For you who have just stumbled upon this chapter, now that you know this is a sample, you can decide whether to follow it or not. If you choose to continue reading, thank you. Know that you have helped and supported an aspired writer to grow and thrive. If you don't, it's OK and thank you for giving my story a chance.

******

"You haven't said a word to me this morning. Come now, sweetheart... what makes you so angry?"

Magnus walked beside her. He had skipped his lesson with the captain this morning, waiting in front of her home very early to walk her to the market.

"Magnus, what were you thinking, bringing me to the ball last night? Has it never occurred to you that your family would not like me at all?"

"I don't care what they're thinking. All I care about is you and me, us..."

"But it's not that simple, Magnus. Sooner or later we will have to face their rejection... Your family will never let you have a relationship with a woman like me..."

"No need to worry about that, my dear. They won't bring us down. I love you and you love me. It's all that matters."

"Magnus, the duke drove me out last night!" Ava said desperately. Magnus' face went pale.
"What... what did he do to you?" He stopped and held her arms tightly.

"He humiliated me in front of some guests, very badly. He pretended to mistaken me as one of the servant. I managed to escape, but he found me and told me to leave at once."

"Bloody hell!" He cursed.
"I swear I'm going to break his neck."

"Magnus, don't you understand? It will never work between us... Your parents will do exactly the same. A woman like me has no place among the peers, among your family."

"I don't give a damn about the peers. My family, they may go to hell... I'll never let you go!"

"Magnus, there's something I need to tell you..." After a moment's hesitation, Ava continued
"The duke, he knows who I am."

He frowned in confusion.

"I've wanted to tell you the day I knew who you really are. But you just revealed your identity, and I thought it would be too much to take. I'm not just another country girl, Magnus." For a moment, she was thinking how to start.
"Do you know Desiree Marlowe?"

He was silent for a while, thinking.
"The once famous actress? If I'm not mistaken she had long disappeared, rumor has it she has become a duke's mistress... Wait, I remember... she is the one people call Livingston's whore?"

A tinge of red stained her cheeks upon the way he mentioned her mother. She nodded.
"She is my mother, the duke of Livingston is my father."

He froze instantly, but a second later he chuckled.
"Nice trick, sweetheart."