support

you glanced over to your monitor.

"oh fuuuuck." you mumbled. quackity noticed the disbelief and annoyance in your eyes, and walked over to the computer himself to turn off the stream.

"sorry guys!" he waved goodbye as the stream was sent offline.

you combed your fingers through your hair, still mad at your boyfriend and annoyed at the fact that you would have to deal with the annoying comments concerning the breakup later. Not to mention, rumors spread fast.

"thanks." you sent a quick smile in your neighbor's direction.

"what for?" he smiled.

"having my back through all this." you twiddled your thumbs shyly. "I know the both of us are going to face backlash for this whole scenario eventually anyway, but you stuck with me anyway." 

he pulled you into a hug, letting you rest your chin on his shoulder as his arms engulfed your torso. it felt good to be embraced. sincerely. taemin had embraced you only while streaming, but gave you a strange cold shoulder when you tried to touch him any other time. the feeling of quackity up against your body, supporting you physically and emotionally, was enough to make you tear up despite only having known each other for such a short amount of time.

quietly, in his arms, you sobbed. it had been so long since you had felt genuine care from another person. you had been trying to tell yourself that you were okay for so long, you hadn't realized how lonely you truly were. who would have thought that you could feel so single, even while in a long-term relationship. 

you cried because you had missed this fuzzy feeling in your heart, the flushed cheeks, the excitement you felt when touching someone. 

"i know, breakups are hard. it's okay, i'm here for you." quackity carefully rubbed your back as your tears dispersed into the fabric of his hoodie.

you sniffled.

~

slowww updates... my bad

anyway, thanks for all the comments! y'all wild