~10~

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours, each moment passing by with happiness as the day flew by with Taemin. His presence was a light that had brightened your day and he always knew how to make you feel better.

Although he was seething with rage after he heard about the events that had happened before his arrival, he calmed down once you reassured him that you were fine, but he did swear to keep you safe. In this sense he was like Jungkook, both of them acting like bodyguards to try and protect you from the world. You were glad to have those two in your life, even if they were pain in the butts.

You guys were so caught up fooling around, you hadn't noticed that the guys came home, only to find a stranger coddling their female friend. They froze in place, all of them staring at the unknown male as he hugged and tickled your smiling form.

Jungkook was the only one beaming with delight as he ran to Taemin, tackling the oblivious male with a hug. Taemin quickly turned around to see a brown haired male who was grinned at him, showcasing his perfect teeth. "Long time no see bunny boy", Jungkook frowns and replies "I'm not a bunny!". He then proceeded to throw Taemin over his shoulder and run to the kitchen. Your best friend's screaming could be heard as he had said "NEVER MIND YOU MUSCLE PIG". Causing you to laugh as the 6 other males, who were still standing by the door, were shocked that their shy maknae was being so casual with a stranger.

Hearing someone clear their throat, you stop laughing and turn to the door. "Oh welcome back guys!" you greeted, a short moment passed before Jimin asked the question that was currently on all of their minds "Who's the guy?" "Ah, that's Taemin. Kookie and I grew up with him". They ahed and proceeded to go to their rooms, leaving you and Jimin alone in the living room which started to fill with an awkward silence.

"So Y/N..." Jimin says breaking the silence, "Yeah?" you reply quickly, looking at him. "Are you and Taemi-" he was cut off by Taemin who was screaming your name as you can hear him running in your direction. "Y/N!!! SAVE ME FROM YOUR BROTHER!!!", a few seconds later and he's right in front of you, grasping your hands tightly. His hands started to squeeze yours even more after hearing footsteps coming up behind him.

Being the strong woman that you are, you moved Taemin behind you, protecting his body from your brother who seemingly possessed inhumane strength. Jungkook's head appears around the corner, his eyes searching. Most likely looking for your best friend, but once his eyes land on the male behind you, his smile widened.

Since you wanted to repay Taemin for taking his time to cheer you up, you decided to save him. "Taemin, how about we go to the corner store...I want ice cream" you turn to look at him as you say this, his head rapidly nodding and you fear he might hurt his neck. "Can I come too?" Jimin asks, you flinch because you had forgotten he was there "O-Of course".

You quickly grabbed both of their hands and pulled them outside before Jungkook could ask to come as well. You didn't need your brother to come and bother you too.

Since you had rushed out of the house, you had forgotten to bring your sweater. The cold night air was starting to bite away at your skin. It wasn't too cold, so you didn't think that you would need a sweater. Besides, the corner store was only 2 short blocks away from the house. "Uhm...Y/N" Jimin's honey like voice says, "Yeah" you reply, still walking forward. "Can you let go of my arm now?" you hadn't noticed that you were still pulling them and immediately let them both go. "Sorry" you say looking down, "it's okay" they reply at the same time. You look up to see both of them smiling at you. You start walking again, but think back to their weirdly synced action.

While thinking about this, a freezing wind blew past you, causing a shiver to run through your body. "Here take this" says Taemin as you feel a soft weight fall onto your head. You grab the fabric and realized he had placed his sweater on you, the hoodie obviously too big for your head as it was starting to cover your eyes now.

Pulling up the fabric, you look up at him, "but you'll be cold, besides I'm fine, the corner store is right there" you say, pointing at the store that was 4 buildings away. You start to take the hoodie off of your head. "Nope, your the cold one, I just saw you shiver" "But-" "No buts" he argues as he pushed your arms through the sleeves and quickly zipped up the oversized sweater.

You look away and pout, Taemin's eyes staring at your cute expression. His hand slowly reaches up and you watch as he stares at you as if in a trance. He then blinks rapidly and quickly pats your head, letting out a cough. "It's cold, let's hurry and go to the store. Race you there!" he runs off without warning, leaving your instincts to kick in and you start chasing him a few seconds afterwards.

"GUYS WAIT FOR ME!!!" Jimin screams, but you were too far ahead to hear his plead. Giving up he decided to lightly jog as his mind wandered. He had watched it all, the way Taemin lovingly stared at you, the way he smiled every time he saw you.

His tongue tasted bitter, but why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
I am so sorry, I know I always say this, but I'm super busy. This was a semi-rushed chapter..but Thank you for being so patient, you don't understand how happy it makes me to have such amazing readers!

And thank you for all the comments, I love reading them and replying to you guys!

I swear, you guys are awesome! 6K reads?!?! It's insane...I never would've thought to get this many! 💗💗💗💗💗

-Author-nim