Frieda

Today i was sentenced to 6 years in litchfield maximum security. I guess i should feel sad, maybe angry, but to be honest i feel excited. Theres no point wasting six years of my life being miserable. Ive decided im gonna make the most of my time here.

Im lying on my back in my small cell in ad seg when i hear the sound of someone being shoved into the cell next door. Finally some company. I wait until the guards are gone, then stand on my hard bed and put my mouth to the grate of the vent.
"Hello?"
I wait a short time for a reply and finally get the voice of an old sounding person, who was panting like theyd just ran a mile. Im guessing they must be quite frail.
"Who is it?"
"Im (y/n)"
"Frieda. Nice to meet you."
_______
Frieda and I talked for a hours, mostly about her life in prison. She told me everything, but i was most interested in her feud with Carol and Barb. I made a mental note to make sure no one fucks me over like Frieda did to them.
_______
I open my eyes to the sound of my cell doors being opened. "Rise and shine inmate, youre going to gen pop"
I get up and put my hands out for her to cuff, glad to be getting out of the cramped cell. As im lined up in the corridoor with the other inmates, I notice Frieda infront of me.
After a few minutes of awkwardly shuffling down some corridoors, we get to an area, loud with the voices of inmates. There are 3 gates, each with a letter next to them, either B, C, or D. Frieda told me about B block, also known as Florida. She told me about how she hoped to get in there, and how she even made herself look older and hurt herself to make her look weaker to get in there. She sounds like shes cunning, but i know a two faced person when i see one.
As we walk down the corridoor, I begin to realise just how harsh prison is going to be. I realise that getting on as many peoples good sides as i can is the key to having a good experience in this place.
My eyes wander to Frieda in front of me, and i remember her telling me about how almost everyone in C and D block hate her, as Carol and Barb do. She told me how theyre ring leaders around here. Without thinking about what I was doing, I trip Frieda up, when the guards werent looking. Friedas hands were cuffed so she couldnt stop herself from smashing into the floor. I stop next to the unconscious Frieda and smirk. Perhaps she shouldnt have revealed everything to me.
As Frieda is being dragged away by a guard, I look into the gates of the block next to me. I look back into the eyes of an older looking woman with a retro hairstyle and a younger girl with short bleached hair looking at me through the bars of D block.