for you

I was on a mad one last night but this one will clear things up.

I woke up to a harsh banging at my door and lots of yelling.
"GET UP INMATE YOURE GOING TO SHU"
I shot out of bed and backed into a wall.
"Why you cant do that I didnt do anything wrong!?"
My protests didnt make a difference, they cornered me and handcuffed me, hitting me with their bats every so often.
My feet dragged on the floor and I struggled as they brought me out of my cell. Everyone stared at me. I caught Daddys eye and she mouthed something at me.
"Im sorry"
I began to yell at her but a sharp hit to the stomach shut me up.
The gates rattled open and I was dragged through.
I gave up struggling and let them pull me along.
__________

3 days id been in Shu. They didnt tell me why. I asked everyday but they just told me to shut up. This time I didnt have anyone to talk to through the walls just myself.
I didnt bother to move from my fetal position on the concrete bed when I heard the door open.
Until I heard them speak.
"On your feet inmate youre getting out of here. Turns out it was one of those riot bitches that did it."
I stood up, glad to be going but I was confused.
"Did what? What happened? Was it Frankie?"
"Your little girlfriend Frankie was found with a shank in her throat in the showers. Now get a move on (l/n)" he said in a raised voice, shoving me through he door after cuffing me.
I was dazed. Who could have done that? Was it Daddy? Is that why she said shes sorry? All these questions in my head were answered when I turned the corner.
Through the bars on a window I could see Daya chained up and being put in the back of a van. She was crying and fighting the officers back. It didnt look like she was coming back anytime soon.

I spent the next day in ad seg. Other inmates looked at me weirdly, like I was the one who did it. Suprisingly it didnt take me too long to be sent back to max. I was put back in the khaki uniform and given my toothbrush and stuff.
Once we made it back to D block I took a deep breath. The gates rattled open and I was shoved inside. All eyes were on me but I kept my eyes down and went back to my cell. It was empty, just me now.
"Hey mama are you okay?"
Daddys frantic voice echoed through the cell.
I set my stuff down and shrugged her hands off my shoulders.
"Fuck off Duarte"
She grabs me and turns me to look at her.
"Let me explain, please mama"
I sigh and glare at her.
"You ditched me for that cunt just cause Frankie fucking forced herself on me. You think im just gonne ignore that?"
She steps outside the door and checks for people before pulling me in close.
"You think id even fucking look at that bitch if it wasnt for you." She said in a hushed voice.
"What do you mean? Stop trying to make excuses for yourself." i whisper yelled.
"Dont be so stupid mama you think she just got herself life for no reason? I made her do it mama"
I stared at her in shock, my mouth open wide.
"What the... are you crazy?!" I yelled, quickly being shushed by her.
"You could go down for that too if she opens her mouth"
She looks down for a moment but grabs my hand.
"I know. Hopefully she wont. She knows what Ill do if she does."
She leans in and kisses me soft and slow. It was sweet, despite the circumstances.
"I love you mama. I did it for you."