11

A/N: Sexy scene ahead. You have been warned. Skip chapter if you don't want to read. 

Waking up in my mate's arms is the best. 

"How are you feeling?" My mate asked, caressing my cheek.

"Sleepy," I murmured, burying my face in his strong chest and closing my eyes. Stephan chuckled and it was music to my ears. 

"You can't sleep forever baby," he teased, tapping my forehead. "My parents are still here." I frowned, eyes still closed. 

"Is Chloe?" 

I felt Stephan sigh. "No, she's been gone since you fell asleep." 

"How long ago was that?" 

"Five hours." 

I sit up in alarm. "Five hours!? And your parents have been here too! Did you stay in here the entire time I was asleep?" 

Stephan smiled at me and kissed my temple. "No, I entertained them and they ate all the pie... I'm sorry about that, I know you were looking forward to that." I laughed and told him it wasn't a big deal and there was going to be plenty of other times we can bake pies together. 

I flinched. Stephan stiffened. "What's wrong?" 

I forced a smile. "Nothing." 

He snorted. "Tell me the truth." 

I gasped and hugged my stomach. Stephan frowned. "I'm sorry baby," he said softly as I laid back down. 

Whimpering pathetically, I curled around myself. It didn't make any sense. I had been pain free a few seconds ago and it lasted five hours. Why now? Did him marking me really make my pain subside or was I finally getting better? It wasn't fair. It never is. 

Chloe was right. Stephan shouldn't be with someone like me. His attempts at trying to court me had succeeded. This is what he wanted. Make the sick guy open up and pretend to be there for him before he passed. 

Tears ran down my face. Why would he want me anyways? I was sick- too thin, bald, dying- it made zero sense. 

"Beau," he cooed in my ear. "I'm right here. I'm right with you. Focus on me." 

I wanted to push him away but it was so nice being with him. Even if he was faking, I don't think I cared much. As long as I loved him, it didn't matter if he didn't love me. I was going to be dead here soon anyways. Then he'd be able to return back to his regular life. 

"I love you." He peppered the side of my face with kisses. A warm hand slid underneath my shirt to press comforting circles on my belly. 

"No," I whined, squirming, "you don't. You​​​​​​​ shouldn't.

"I do," he promised. "I love you so much. I love you so much I can't breathe without you. You're all I think about Tony. I'm all yours. I promise I'll take care of you until-" 

"Until I die," I finished for him bluntly. 

"No," he said sternly. "Until I marry you. Then I swear to you I'll be here for you forever. I told you Tony, I love you." 

I shake my head. "You shouldn't.

"Well too bad," he said. "Too fucking bad because you're stuck with me and I love you." 

I took in a shuddery breath of air. "I love you," I sobbed. 

"Oh beau, I love you too." Stephan pulled up the comforter over us when I began to shiver, but he didn't know it wasn't because I was cold.