- real life

all bailey had been able to think about for the past week was the message that the young girl had sent her. how could someone she didn't even know depend so much on her and look up to her?

she was sat out on her balcony, wrapped tightly in a big blanket even though the warm summer sun beat down on her skin. her body wasn't able to retain heat as well and had begun to grow more hair in compensation.

she sighed and leaned her head into her hand, staring out into the busy city skyline- wondering how the hell she got to where she was now and what the hell the next year would bring.

she almost didn't hear chris come out until he sat beside her, bring his arm around her body so he could pull her into his side. "whatcha thinking about?" he questioned his girl, causing her to smile ever so slightly while she went to unlock her phone to show him the message.

she watched his eyes scan across her phone screen, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"well she isn't wrong, you sure are pretty fantastic." chris spoke, causing bailey to giggle and shake her head. "i have therapy today." she grumbled, peering at the watch that was wrapped tightly around her skinny wrist.

"do you want me to come in with you?" chris asked, to which bailey was grateful.

"yes please."

♛♛♛

bailey had walked into the familiar office building, the plain cream walls dotted with random inspirational quotes and landscape pictures peering back at her.

this time however, she had a companion.

her hand gripped tightly onto chris' as they made their way up the stairs towards the unit that held her therapy office.

her therapist was a kind, rather young woman whose name was addison- and she wished for bailey to refer to her as so.

bailey checked in at the front and anxiously waited alongside chris until the familiar red head rounded the corner, giving the two a comforting smile.

while the trio went back to her room, chris had introduced himself to addison, and bailey instantly felt at more ease than her first appointment.

once they had reached her office, bailey had to be checked over to see where her health was at.

and in the span of one week, she dropped 5 pounds, lost more of her hair from thinning, and was continuing to get weaker.

it was then that both bailey and chris knew, she might not have much more time on earth.

♛♛♛

update schedule for the rest of the week:

monday (today): chapter 42 (real life)

tuesday: chapter 43 (photo), chapter 44 (real life)

wednesday: chapter 45 (real life)

thursday: chapter 46 (real life), chapters 47 and 48 (last chapters)

friday: chapter 49 ('alternate ending'), chapter 50 (book announcement)

GET READY FOR A WEEK OF DEPRESSION !!