Chapter 3: Destiny played it's part

Zoya stood there in shock. She couldn't understand what had just happened. Did she say anything wrong?

She composed herself and took her file to leave. Arshad came inside with wide smile.

"Hi Zoya", he said. "Hi... Arshad", she replied.

"Congratulations", he said and extended his hand. Zoya looked confused at him.

"Congratulations Zoya. Welcome to DMG" he said and Zoya still looked confused.

"What? Why are you looking so confused?" he asked her. "You have been selected for the post Deputy Manager. Congratulations", he added.

Zoya's jaw dropped and looked at him. She tried to say something but words were not coming out.

Finally, she found her composure and said, "Thank you, Arshad. But... he left... without saying... anything... I thought... I was not selected... that's why... when you... congratulate me... I was... shocked..."

Arshad laughed and said, "I can relate to that... He is like that... He asked me to prepare your appointment order. I came here to congratulate you and tell you that you need to wait for some time to close you joining formalities".

"Okay, that's good", she said. "Well... come on with me then. You can wait in my room and complete the joining formalities till I prepare your appointment letter and get it signed by Him", he said air quoting while saying him. Both walked to Arshad's cabin. He gave her some forms and ask her to fill it in and started working on her appointment letter. While filling the forms, Arshad asked her laughing, "Hope you didn't shove anything off on his face during the interview with him".

"Awwww... How mean? What with you guys keep on asking me this? I said out of anger not that I really would do something like that?" She whined.

Arshad laughed and said, "Hey... I know... I'm just teasing you..." Zoya scoffed at him.

After a while he said, "Hey... Your appointment letter is ready. I'll go and get it signed then I explain what you got do", and left her alone there.

 After a five minutes or so, Arshad pop his head inside and said, "He wants to meet you. Can you please come with me?" she nodded and went with him, but thought to herself, "what's with him always sticking his head around?"

On the way, they both saw Aditya leaving in hurry. "Sir" Arshad called out. Aditya stopped and look at Arshad. Then he removed his sunglass and said, "I'm in hurry, Arshad. What is it?"

"Sir, you said, you want to meet Ms. Zoya Siddiqui. She is here to meet you", Arshad said.

"Never mind, I'll talk to her on her joining day about this" he said and then looking at Zoya he said, "Welcome aboard, Ms. Zoya Siddiqui. We're looking forward to work with you" and then extend his hand to her.

This time she ignored him and said, "Thank you, Mr. Hooda". Before leaving, while putting on his sunglass and Aditya said, "All the best" and leave without another word.

Arshad turned to her, "All the best. When can you join us? Before that I need to close all the joining formalities here".

"In a month, if everything goes fine. I'm really happy to meet you and join DMG. Thank you, Arshad", she said. "Okay then, I'll take leave", she added.

Arshad & Zoya say "Goodbyes" and part their ways.

Once she came out the office, "Oooohhooo, Ya Allah!! I can't wait to tell Riyaz about this". Zoya felt like she is in cloud nine and twirled over and over again.