Chapter 30 : Melodramatic Moments

She thought he was going to blast her off instead he smiled and said, "I'm sorry Zoya. I should have at least answered him. I now understand..." he paused and continued, "one more thing, you don't have to be sorry for looking into my phone or using it. Zoya, we are not some teenager to get offended just because you answered my dad's call without my knowledge. I don't have any secret to hide from you. You have full rights to see my phone anytime and at the same time I'll not force you to show yours".

She looked at him in awe. "Also, you didn't do anything wrong. You answered my dad's call and informed him just that I'm not there to answer him. You know what, I'm just going to call him now and wish him", he said and pulled his phone from his pocket and dialed his dad's number and put the call in speaker.

Zoya looked at him as if she was seeing some world's wonder. When Harsh answered, "Hello", Aditya said, "Paa..."

On the other side, it went silent. "Paa... are you there?" Aditya asked. After few seconds, both heard nose sniffing noise and he said, "Cheeku..." in heavy voice. "Paa... I'm really sorry for all this years. I should have tried to understand you before I decided to leave that house and you. I'm really sorry", Aditya said.

"Cheeku... I'm sorry... Really I'm... I shouldn't have hid the things from you and Arjun. It's my fault", Harsh said still crying. "Paa... Let's forget about everything and start everything afresh from this New Year. Happy New Year Paa", Aditya said. Again Harsh sniffed with smile and said, "Happy New Year, Cheeku".

"Adi... Is Zoya with you? Can I talk to her?" he asked. Aditya gestured Zoya to talk. "Hello Uncle, I'm here", she said. "Beta... Thank you so much... Because of you, I got my son back... God Bless you, Beta", he said overwhelmed. "Aiyo... No Uncle... I didn't do anything..." Zoya said.

"Beta... I know... After you came into Cheeku's life... he changed... I know... If it's not for you, Adi wouldn't even thought about reconciling with me... I know my son... I'm really happy that he found you and you gave my Adi back to us", Harsh said from his heart.

Zoya didn't know what to say, she looked at Aditya for help. He smiled and said, "Paa... Why're you making your daughter in-law to shy away", Zoya glared at him and spanked at his hand for commenting like that. Both Harsh and Aditya laughed.

"Beta... I would like to see my daughter in-law soon. Come home sometime soon and spend some days with me here in Mumbai", Harsh said.

"Yes... Yes Uncle... I'll will", she said blushing. Aditya smiled looking at her cheeks going red. "You know Zoya... you can call him Papa", Aditya said with smile and Zoya looked at him baffled. "Haan... Beta... I'll happy if you call me papa", Harsh agreed. Zoya's eyes welled up all of a sudden. Aditya immediately said over the phone, "Paa... I'll call you later... we got to go", he said and disconnected the call.

"Hey, what happened, did I say or do anything wrong?" he asked cupping her face. She shook her head sideways. "Then what happened?" he asked. "I'm sorry... I couldn't take the happiness this is too much for me to handle... You reconciled your differences with your father just in a second that too for me and you told him about our relationship and the way you asked me to call him "papa". I don't know Aditya, what I did in my life to get you", she said overwhelmed.

"Hey... I'm lucky to have you in my life... I didn't know what I did in my life to get you... You're so precious to me, Zoya. I just want to see you always smiling for me and shine for me" he said and embraced her. She embraced him too.

When they realized they were in a cab, they broke their embrace and sat next to each other and holding on to each others hand. Finally after 20 minutes of silence, they reached their destination.