Chapter 6: Time to Rise and Shine

She soon gathered her composure on seeing Aditya on the door step, wiping her face and stood up. Aditya came inside and stood right before her. She sobbed and said, "I'm... Sorry... I... didn't mean to... but... I don't know... where to go..." Aditya asked keeping his hand on her shoulder, "What happened, Zoya?"

The moment he asked her, Zoya broke down again and she hugged him. Then she started crying over him. Aditya stood there as support but he didn't dare to say anything.

"I... sabotage... my only... relation... with... my own hands... I don... I don't know... what... to... do... now... Aditya" she said between sobs. He put his hands on her and tries to console her.

After few minutes, he closed his eyes and controlled himself and then, he move her from him and made her sit in her chair and pulled one more near and sat next to her.

He gave her water to drink then while he keep the glass back, he said, "See... Zoya... I understand that you're going through some problem. But, as far as I know you, you're not the person who sit and cry all day. If you feel, you made a mistake; you go out there and solve it. Nothing is over unless you believe, it is over. Now, please stop crying and think how you can solve this problem".

"I know definitely, you'll find solution to this problem too. Just like, as always, you found solutions to the problems that you faced in your profession. In these 3 months, that's where, you stand out and I'm proud about too because you have never backed off, even from any of the difficult situations you have faced. So, don't just sit here and whine. Get down there and solve this damn problem", he added and also he didn't realise that he is holding her hand all this time.

She looked at him and analyse what he just said. He sat with her holding her hand, until she wipe her face with her other hand and come to a solution.

"Thank you, Aditya", she replied and aditya as he realised, took his hand from her hand. She stood up and Aditya too. Once again, she thanked him and said, "Thank you, now, I know what I need to do" with determination.

"Good to know, Zoya... and one more thing, take 2 days leave and solve this problem. Then you can come back to office", he said.

She reminded him about the report which is due. "It's okay; I can manage things for 2 days, no problem. Deadlines can be extended as an one time excuse", he replied with a smile.

She half smiled and started to pick the papers scattered around in the room. Aditya helped her to arrange the room. "Aditya, I'll do it. Please leave it", she said. He smiled and replied, "its okay let me help you" and he picked up the pen stand and laptop. Once they arranged everything, they both leave the office and to the corridor.

"Thank you, Aditya for your help and I'm really sorry that you had to see all this" she pointed her from top to bottom then she added, "And sorry for bothering you."

"Ahhh, it's nothing", he said. "Okay Aditya, I'll take leave", she replied and headed to the entrance.

Aditya called, "Zoya". She stopped and turned to ask, "What?" "Nothing, Good night Zoya" he said and walked towards parking lot. She said "Good night, Aditya" behind him.

She took a cab and asked the driver to go to Arekere.

                                                            ***

Zoya knocked on the door; Riyaz opened it and when he saw Zoya, he looks at her irritated. She pleaded, "Riyaz, I'm sorry that when you're in need for your best friend, I was not there for you. But, can you please let me explain. Please don't ask me to leave. I want to correct the mistake I made. Please".