Chapter 40 : Life is getting Complicated

Zoya excused herself and rushed to Aditya's cabin. She knocked and entered in to his cabin. Aditya was talking over the phone with some client. He looked up and gestured her to sit and showed his finger to give him a minute. After he concluded the call, he stood up from his seat and stride towards her.

He stood next to her and his knee was touching hers. "Now... tell me... what happened? Why are you looking like a steam engine which is going to blow off?" Aditya asked jovially. "Come on, Aditya. Be serious, I'm not in the mood to joke around", Zoya said. He laughed and then, "Okay. Now tell me what happened?" Aditya asked keeping his face serious.

"What was that?" Zoya asked. "What?" He asked. "That... Everyone was looking at us... You casually showed them we're in relationship... They can't ask you anything because you're the boss but they will ask me lots of questions which I can't answer and I don't know what and all they're going to talk about us... about me... Can't you think before doing such things?" Zoya said hastily.

"Zoya... When I decided to bring you into my life, I decided not think about others. Let them think whatever they want and let them talk whatever they want... I seriously don't care or bothered about it... And I want you not to care about them... It's our life and we have to decide what we want to do about it... I know you're not such person, who would waste your time thinking about what others would think... Please be the same person..." Aditya said while leaning over the armrest of her chair looking straight into her eyes.

"But Aditya... We could have made an announcement kind of thing... What's the necessary for public display thing?" Zoya asked. "Why? Are you feeling ashamed to be seen with me?" Aditya asked fiercely.

He moved away from her. Zoya was looking at him perplexed. She was kind of taken aback when he asked that and she couldn't understand from where he got that idea. Immediately she stood up and went behind him and turned him towards her. "From where you got this idea, why would I be ashamed to be seen with you, Aditya? Why on earth you're thinking like that?" Zoya asked.

"Then, why are behaving as if you're ashamed of being with me?" Aditya asked gritting his teeth. "I didn't mean anything like that... I'm sorry..." She said. "Zoya... can you please leave, I have some con-calls to do", Aditya said without looking at her. "Aditya... I said I'm sorry..." Zoya said. "I said, I have some calls to make... Will you please leave?" He dismissed her and went to sat at his desk.

He started dialing some numbers on the phone. Zoya looked at him in disbelief but she left the cabin silently. He switched off the speaker of the phone and looked at the doorway distressed.

                                                  ***

During lunch, Zoya waited for Aditya to come up to her cabin. But, he didn't come or even texted her that he is not coming for lunch. So, she called Arjun in the extension, "Hi... Can we go for lunch?" she asked. "I thought you're going out for lunch with Bhai..." Arjun asked.

"I don't know, I think he is busy with client's meeting and I'm feeling so hungry. Can we go, please?" She asked. "Okay... Meet you at Cafeteria..." He said as he understood something was wrong between them and disconnected the line.

Zoya felt bad, she felt that she offended Aditya by asking about his PDA. She felt that at least she should try to apologize to him again. But then, she remembered, when she apologized to him in the morning he just dismissed her.

She dismissed her thought and went to cafeteria to meet Arjun. Arjun was already sitting in their usual table with his lunch. She went straight up to the buffet and filled her plate then joined Arjun in the table. While they started discussing casually and having their lunch. They heard some commotion around them before they could see what it was. Someone kept a plate next to Zoya.