Chapter 41: Here and There

Zoya was unable to sleep, she was twisting and turning in her bed thinking about what's bothering Aditya. Around midnight, Zoya heard a knock on her door. At first she was confused as who could be knocking on her door at that time. She wasn't sure but she thought it could be Aditya. Then again, she heard another two knocks on her door.

She got up to open the door. When she opened, Aditya was standing outside her door just like she thought. She cleared her throat and waited for him to say something. He looked at her and gulped. Zoya kind of scanned him from top to bottom. She can see his eyes are even more bright red and his face is worse than ever.

"Can I come in?" He asked and Zoya moved from his way and let him in. Once he was inside her room, she closed the door and then walked towards the night table and took the glass of water and gave it to him. He gulped it and then kept the glass back on the night table. Then he turned to look at Zoya, for few minutes both stood and looked at each other in silence.

Zoya walk past him and sat at the bed and then she tapped next to her looking at Aditya. As he understood, he joined next to her. Zoya didn't ask anything but looked at him. He looked at her and then laid his head on her shoulder for support. They didn't talk but the silence felt good for both of them. Zoya put her hand around him and patted on his head slowly and then she put another hand on his shoulder and hugged him.

After some time, "I'm sorry... Zoya... I shouldn't have screamed at you for my fault... I was worried and then..." Aditya said but Zoya put a finger on his mouth and stopped him. "Shhh... I don't want to talk about anything that is bothering you... Let's not talk about anything... Just stay silent and try to sleep..." She said.

It has been almost half an hour after Aditya came to her room. They have moved to the middle of the bed. Zoya was leaning on the head board and Aditya was lying on her lap and he was asleep. Zoya felt relieved and closed her eyes to sleep while caressing Aditya's hair.

                                                ***

It was almost a month since she moved to Aditya's house. But everyday their life was getting complicated more and more. Always here and there, they had some fights over some nonsense reasons. Both had been on their each other's neck, mostly Arjun was there between them, trying to solve their problems and sometimes he gets frustrated because of the nonsense reasons.

Only one best thing happened in that whole month was Zoya talked about Noor and Arjun with Aditya and he was happy to know that Zoya's sister will join them in May. He was happy for his brother and he was excited about meeting Noor in person and to know more about her.

Noor kind of fed up with Zoya complaining to her about their fights and she told Zoya to adjust with Aditya because she didn't want her sister to suffer another heart ache. But, Zoya couldn't put her finger on anything why things are getting complicated more. She kind of felt it because she moved in with Aditya. Everything was fine until they had distance between them. But now, there is no distance between them and things are not fine.

She was afraid of losing Aditya and to avoid big fights she kind of adjusted with Aditya on everything. She kind of forgave him on everything when he comes back after sometime with a sorry.

On the other hand, Aditya, who is going crazy over the thought of losing Zoya, felt that he has to stop fighting over petty things. But when things go out of hands, he couldn't control himself and his angers burst out. He knew Zoya is not at fault but he still couldn't control himself at times.

And Zoya being Zoya, she sometimes takes things so personally and she starts over petty things and they both end up in fighting again. But one of the best thing till now was either one of them will come to another with a sorry at the end. They didn't take the fight to next level. They didn't give up on each other till now.