Chapter 18: So Close yet So Far

Aditya stopped in front of The Oberoi's and handed the key to valet boy. He stopped the doorman from opening the passenger door. He opened the passenger door for her and helped helped her to step down by holding on to her hand.

They both went inside, Aditya gave his name and the manager took them to a reserved table in the corner. The table was decorated with candles and flowers. Aditya pulled the seat for Zoya to sit and then he sat opposite to her. "Do you like the ambience of the restaurant?" Aditya asked. "I'm quite surprised; I have never been to such a classy restaurant like this and I do like the ambience and everything about this restaurant. Thank you for bringing me here", Zoya said.

Aditya smiled. Manager came to them with menu card and asked them for the order. Aditya suggested some good food from the menu card. Zoya asked Aditya to order for her too. He ordered Italian and continental food. "I hope you don't mind sharing the food with me. We both can taste both the dishes", Aditya said. "Nope, I don't mind", she replied.

"You looked cute in that photo", Aditya started a conversation. "about which one are you talking about?" Zoya asked him in confusion. "The photo with your parents, I saw it in your house", Aditya said.

"Oh!!! That one is my favourite too. We took that photo just 5 months before my parent's accident. We went to Mahabalipuram, I always had this craze for elephants, so my father helped to climb that giant elephant and they both stood next to me. So that, I won't fall", Zoya said and Aditya saw tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring those old memories or hurt you. I'm so sorry", he said and wipe the tears from her cheeks and added, "You know what? You should cherish those memories of your parents and you should not cry when you're thinking about them. And, I'll not let you cry ever again. I'll be always there for you, Zoya. I can't see you crying for any reason". He held her hand in his and softly caressed her upper hand.

Zoya looked at him with awe and they both shared an eye-lock. Their eye-lock was broke by the waiter, who brought their evening food. During the dinner, Zoya shared about her childhood memories with Aditya and Aditya shared about his.

Aditya told her, how naughty he and Arjun were in their childhood and how their mother had to follow them everywhere. "I still remember this one, I was in my 4th grade and my friend, I think his name his Vihaan and he always gets "A" in all his subjects, also comes first in the class. I used to be naughty in the class and I always come second in the class. One day, during dinner, I told my maa about Vihaan and how he gets "A" in all the subjects. My Paa asked me, "What do you have to do to be the smartest in the class?" I seriously thought about what my paa said and told him simply, he paused and asked Zoya, "Can you guess what I did say to him?" Zoya gestured "No" with her shoulders. "Get rid of Vihaan".

Zoya burst into laughter and Aditya joined her. 

Their night ended with more laughter and memories. Aditya asked for check and paid it. Zoya held on to Aditya's arm while they both making their way to get the car. Aditya smiled after seeing her holding his arm. "It's a wonderful night; I really had a good time with you, Aditya?" She said with smile. "Yeah... Me too really had a good time after a long time, Thank you, Zoya" Aditya said and tapped on her back palm.

Aditya dropped her at her home. Zoya asked him to come inside but he refused saying that he need wake up early for a meeting. He left her in the portico wondering why he didn't come inside. She waved bye to the empty road.

***

Arjun was waiting in the living room when Aditya entered the house. Arjun looked at Aditya, who is smiling to himself and didn't notice Arjun or what's happening around him? Arjun called "Bhai", but Aditya was in his own world thinking about Zoya and the time spent with her in the restaurant. He went to room and closed the door behind.