Chapter 28: A New Beginning

"What happened, Aditya?" she asked. "Nothing", he said still gritting his teeth. "You continue" he said. She continued nervously, "I... just... pulled him close enough... from that angle it'll look like we both are kissing. But actually we were an inch apart close even Riyaz got shocked when I did this".

"What?" Aditya shouted literally. Then he low down his voice and asked, "So you just pretend to kiss him, you really didn't kiss him". She nodded and said, "Come on... he is my best and close friend. How on the hell I could kiss him? I just wanted her to believe that we're in love so that she will leave him for his own good. Likewise she broke up with him and later I explained to Riyaz why I did that? Thank God, he escaped from her and met his true love Zara later".

"But you know what, Riyaz get slapped because of my saving mission. I would never forget this ever in my life. And Riyaz won't let me forget this, he even told our friends that day and everyone quite sometime believed that we both were dating earlier", she said and he raised his eyebrow in question.

"On our 4th friendship anniversary day, we all met in high lounge, the night I found you in parking lot drunk..." she trailed off. "Oh, Okay", he said. "That day he told this story to Arjun and Arshad and made them believe that we were dating earlier. Then I had to clarify them what exactly happened", Aditya cuts her off, "Wait I lost here. I didn't get you", he said.

"He told them till I pulled him to kiss but didn't tell them I just pretend. So, they thought and asked why we broke up? Then I explained that I pretend and why I had to pretend to clear their confusion", she said and Aditya released a long breath that he was holding till now.

He literally thanked God from his heart. He always knew that something was odd about this one. But his jealousy consumed him that day and made him to consume alcohol. It irked him, that how could they both be this good friends if they have dated in their past, now he got his answers. He knew, his Zoya will never be wrong or can never do something that she is not comfortable with.

Then he said, "Okay, we have celebrate Zoya, I'm going to pop Champagne and I want you to be a part of it. I'm not forcing you; I want you to take a sip. If you don't like then you don't have to drink at all".

Once she nodded he asked the waiter to clear the table and bring the champagne. When the waiter placed it on the table with two glasses, Aditya popped it and pour it into the glasses. He took the two glasses and handover one to her. Both cheered and drank. Aditya emptied in gulp and Zoya took a sip, she liked the taste so she finished off the glass.

"How was it?" he asked. "I liked the taste, but I don't want anymore of it" she said. Aditya shakes his head then asked for cheque. After paying for dinner, he asked the waiter to send the champagne to his room and both left to their respective rooms.

                                     ***

While she was in her room, she thought she heard Guitar tune from the next room. She got confused and opened the balcony door to listen clearly. She was right; it was Guitar from Aditya's room.

She thought to herself, "How on earth he could be this perfect?" She stood there and listened for sometime. Then, she felt it like lullaby and lied down on her bed listening to it, she dozed off.

Next morning, Zoya woke up to the knock on her door. She was in her night dress wearing three quartered capris and a tee, "Coming" she said and went to open the door in half sleep. Aditya was on the door, "Yeah... Aditya", she asked and he was looking at her in awe. "God, please save me from this girl", he thought. "Zoya, it's already 8.00 in the morning. We have to leave in half an hour. You're still asleep", he asked. Just then, she noticed that he was wearing his suit for the meeting.