Chapter 45 : Tragic Continues

Zoya has convinced Harsh and Prem on postponing the marriage and they stopped the preparations. Arjun, Harsh and Prem didn't like the idea of postponing the wedding. But they couldn't disagree to Zoya's request. Aditya spent most of his days inside his room and Zoya took care of him and as well as she provided the space he required.

Zoya was searching for Aditya since morning as she couldn't find him in his room. She wondered where he could have gone. And between the chaos that happened in the last two days about cancelling their marriage, kind of opened the house to detest each other. No one spoke to each other or even looked at each other. Everyone avoided each other and Zoya is the only link between them.

Around noon, Zoya went up to Arjun's room to ask him what he would like to have for lunch that was just an excuse, she wanted to talk to him about Aditya and their marriage. She knew only Arjun can understand her and her mind state. He always showed her the right path since she fell in love with Aditya. He was more a friend than a brother in-law.

She knocked on his door and asked, "Arjun, are you there?" Arjun's room door opened, and she looked at the person in shock. Aditya was standing in right front of her and he asked, "What happened? Why are you looking at me like that?" on seeing her reaction.

"Um.... Uh... I didn't... expect you to be here... I was searching for you since morning..." Zoya said. Aditya smiled at her reaction and made way for her to get inside. Arjun was lying on the bed and sat up straight when he saw Zoya. "Bhaabhi... Is there anything you want?" He asked.

"Um... Nothing... I just came here to ask you... about... um... lunch..." she stuttered. "Anything... Bhaabhi... I don't have any specifics..." He said. "Okay... I'll then leave you two to... whatever you're doing..." She said and walked out of the room. Aditya followed her to the corridor and stopped her by holding her hand.

She looked at him and then at her hand for a second. He took his hand from her abruptly and looked at the floor and scratched his back neck. "Um... Zoya... Why were you search for me?" He asked. Zoya looked at him in confusion and said, "No... I was not searching for you... I came here to ask Arjun about lunch..."

Aditya chuckled and said, "Just now you said few minutes back... that... you were searching for me since morning..." Zoya looked at him and then she said, "Um.... Uh... Nothing... I just... didn't see you from morning... that's why... nothing special..."

Aditya clicked his tongue and asked while looking at her, "Are you fine? I know Zoya... If I have understood you... The last 10 days is too much for you too... You're showing yourself strong for us... I mean for me... So, tell me, are you fine with everything...?" he trailed off as Zoya took his hand in his.

"I told you already Aditya, I don't have any problem... I'm happy that you told me how you feel, and you need time to cope up with the loss... I know how you must feel for cancelling the wedding... And we have a whole life ahead of us... We have all the time in this world... And we haven't cancelled the wedding forever, we just postponed it... I can wait for you for my whole life, but you just asked me to wait for some time and I'm so happy to wait for you... So, you don't have to feel pressurized for me..." Zoya said.

Aditya smiled and placed a soft kiss on her lips and then said, "I'm so glad... glad that... you came into my life..." he inhaled a deep breath while taking her hand in his and said, "I love you... Zoya". She smiled and said, "I love you too... Aditya" While they locked their eyes for a minute and Zoya said, "Aditya... I have to go... I have to..." she paused and then said, "Um... Marcus... I have to tell Marcus about the lunch..."

Aditya smiled and released her after placing a kiss on her forehead. Zoya went downstairs while looking back at Aditya and Aditya was looking at her from Arjun's doorway. As she went down, she missed a step and fall down the stairs. Before Aditya could realize what's happening Zoya was rolling down the stairs.