Chapter 19: Relationship at Stake

Zoya came out to lock the gate; she noticed a car on the side of her house. She opened the gate and stepped out to see clearly. She realised it is none other than Aditya's car. He has parked his car in a way, it can't be seen, if she sees from her portico. She turned to get back into the house, just then; she noticed Aditya is laying back in the front seat.

Zoya went near to his car, Aditya was sleeping. She knocked on the window shield. Aditya woke up startled but he waved at her when he saw her. She gestured him to roll down the car window and he does. She asked folding her hands together, "Mr. Hooda, what are you doing here? And what is this?" gesturing his posture. "I need to talk to you, Zoya. Before you cut me off or ask me to leave from here. Please let me explain", Aditya said in hurry before Zoya tries to stop him.

"Mr. Hooda..." Aditya cuts her off, "Come on... stop with this... Mr. Hooda", he got down from the car and continued, "We have crossed this stage and have become friends long back. Let me explain, I deserve a second chance to explain at least. If you're not convinced after that, I'll walk away..." he paused and sighed before adding, "from your life" with heavy heart.

Something pierced through her heart, when Aditya mentioned "from your life". She asked Aditya came inside her house. They both went inside and Zoya asked him to sit and said, "Please sit here, I'll bring coffee for you, if you want?" Aditya nodded and said, "Black coffee with half sugar". She smiled and said, "Okay".

After 15 minutes, she came out from kitchen with 2 cups in her hand. She gave one to Aditya and sat down opposite to him. They both took a sip from their coffee.

"Zoya... I'm sorry... really I'm... I didn't really mean to scream at you. I was in some other tension and when I saw you there standing... It was not your fault and it is my fault that I couldn't control my anger and screamed at you... Zoya, I went to Delhi to meet my maa..." he stopped and after taking a one more sip from his coffee.

"Sakshi Maa... she is more like another mother to me. Prem sir's wife, they got separate long back. She doesn't have anyone to look after her. She was not well and Prem sir is disturbed by that. She has been hospitalised last week and Doctors are trying their best to save her. I was not willing to come back, but Sakshi Maa made me to leave her alone there. I arranged some nurse and care taker but they didn't report on time to look after her. One tension led to another and I screamed, because of that, at you", while saying this, tears roll down from Aditya's eyes.

Zoya stood up, kept the coffee on the table and hurried next to Aditya and sat next to him. She put her hand on his shoulder and said, "Aditya, please..." she didn't know what to say to him. "I'm sorry, Aditya... I should have known that you're in some problem but I acted silly with you instead of being supportive to you".

Aditya kept his coffee on the table and turned towards her and said holding her hand in his, "No... Zoya... how do you know, that I'm having some problem. And whatever may be the reason it not right, the way I treated you. No one should be treated like that. I shouldn't have treated you like that. You don't have to be sorry... I'm sorry..."

"No... Aditya... I'm sorry" Zoya said, they both said sorry to each other and after some time they realised what they're doing and burst into laughter still holding on to each other hands.

Zoya took the coffee from the table and drank from it. Aditya just noticed and said, "Zoya... that's my cup". "Oops... I didn't notice..." Zoya said sticking out her tongue. Aditya took Zoya's cup and gave it to her. He noticed hers too was black coffee and said, "Oh!!! You too like your coffee black, here is your cup. Let me have that".

Zoya took the cup from him and said, "Yes, I like my coffee black with half sugar and... I'll bring you another cup". Aditya smiled and said, "It's okay, I don't mind drinking this one" he drank from the same cup and added, "Don't you heard something called "sharing"? Haven't you shared your drink with your friends? I mean soft drinks..." She smiled. As they both finished their coffee and Aditya said, "Okay Zoya, I'll take my leave".