[ 5 ] A Quirk Assessment Test?!

"If you're here to dilly dally and make friends, then you can pack up and leave."

The room went dead quiet, and everyone turned to the source of the voice. A man was lying on the ground in a yellow sleeping bag, zipped all the way up to his chin and draped over his head. He had long black hair and a scruffy beard. "This is the hero course," he muttered, pulling some sort of juice pouch out of his sleeping bag and sipping on it. Everyone looked on in confusion. He stood up, and unzipped the bag, revealing a grey scarf over top of a black sweater and black pants. "Okay, it took you eight seconds to get quiet.

(Y/N) turned her head back to Kirishima, who just simply shrugged his shoulders at the girl.

"Time is limited. You kids aren't rational enough."

Our teacher? (L/N) thought. He's a bit odd for a pro hero, worn out and tired even...

"I'm your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Nice to meet you," he mumbled. (Y/N) grabbed onto one of the sleeves on the grey blazer around her waist, and scanned the room. At least I'm not the only one surprised at his lazy appearance... but I am the only one without a jacket on.

Aizawa dug into his yellow sleeping bag, and pulled out a red white and blue short sleeved jacket, saying, "It's kind of sudden, but put this on and go out to the field."

He walked out, leaving the jackets and pants. Everyone exchanged glances before grabbing their uniform and sliding it on. It fit just fine on (Y/N), and she rolled the bottom of her pants into a cuff to get more mobility.

***

"A Quirk assessment test?!" The class shouted collectively.

The brown haired girl from before, which (Y/N) now knew as Uraraka, pondered aloud, "But what about the Entrance Ceremony? The Orientation?"

Aizawa had his back facing the class. "If you're going to be a hero, you won't have such time for leisurely events. UA's selling point is how unrestricted its school traditions are. That's also how all the teachers run their classes." Murmurs ran through the crowd. (Y/N) found herself once again standing next to Kirishima, with a kid who had weird purple balls on his head behind her.

"You kids have been doing this since junior high, have you not?" 1a's teacher pulled out some sort of device from his pocket, holding it up for the group to see. "Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your Quirk. The country still uses averages from students results without Quirks. It's not rational. Well, the Ministry of Education is procrastinating."

Aizawa turned to a spiky blonde haired boy. (Y/N) swore he bore some semblance or familiarity, but she couldn't put her finger on it. "Bakugou, you finished top place in the practical exam, did you not?" The group turned to face him. "In junior high, what was your best result for the softball pitch?"

"67 metres," the boy spoke in matter-of-fact voice.

"Try doing it with your quirk."

Aizawa handed him a softball, and he walked up pridefully to stand inside the white circle. "You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle. Hurry now. Give it your best."

"Then, well..." he muttered, stretching out his arms. I'll add a blast to the pitch, Bakugou thought, before bracing his body and shooting the softball off with a shout of "DIE!" The softball flew off as fast as it could go into the distance. Die? (Y/N) thought, before shaking her head, (h/c) hair moving with it. I don't know any of these people's quirks except Kirishima's and the boy who just pitched. This is bad...