[ 14 ] High on Pride

"Today's training will be a little different." Aizawa spoke, more enthusiastic than usual- if you could call it enthusiasm.

The sun shone in through the windows of the classroom, and landed gently on everyone's faces, giving a golden tint to everyone. The weather was super nice, but a little on the warm side, so the A/C was running noisily.

"You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you."

        Sero's hand shot up, and he asked, "sir, what kinda training is this?"

        Aizawa held out a card. In big, blue, bold writing, it read, "RESCUE".

         "Rescue. You'll be dealing with natural disasters- shipwrecks, stuff like that."

        Kaminari sighed exasperatedly, and turned to Mina. "Sounds like we're in for a work out."

       "Totally!"

        "Real hero stuff," Kirishima added, "this is what separates the men from the boys!"

         "I'll get to show off how good I am in water, ribbit," Tsuyu said, and you smiled at everyone's excitement. Even Todoroki looked a little bit happy.

        "Guys, I'm not finished." Aizawa said.

        Everyone's attention shot to him.

         "What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes."

        Speaking of costumes, Bakugo never gave you your jacket back. You could do without it, but hopefully it isn't lost somewhere. That thing was comfy.

          "Keep in mind you're not used to them yet, so they might limit your abilities."

        The costumes came out of the walls in columns, adding up to a total of twenty-one.

         "This is at an off-campus facility, so we're going on a bus to get there.

          "That's all. Start getting ready." With that, Aizawa left the room.

         As soon as everyone was dressed and ready, you left the building to board the bus. Bakugo still hadn't given you your jacket back.

        "(Y/N), I still can't get over how cute your costume is! It's super conventional, too!" Ochako
gushed.

        "Thank you so much, Uraraka!"

        "And Deku, why are you in your PE clothes? Where's your costume at?" The brunette asked.

       "Well, you saw it after combat training- it was kinda trashed- still waiting on support to have it fixed." He answered.

       A whistle blow took you out of your conversation.

        "Gather round, Class 1-A!" Iida's voice boomed. "Using your student numbers form two neat lines so we can load the bus efficiently!"

       He continued to blow the whistle.

       "Iida's kicking it into high gear as our class rep, huh?" Izuku pondered.

        "The bus's open layout ruined my boarding strategy," Iida sulked, head down. You patted his back.

        "Iida, you really need to chill!" Mina said.

        "If we're pointing out the obvious, then there's something I need to say," Tsuyu turned to Midoriya, "About you, actually."