[ 6 ] Just Do Your Best, Rookies!

*Second Person POV*

      The quirk assessment test had ended with you placing 6th. It turns out your speculation was correct, in that last place would not be expelled. But what shocked you was Izuku.

     He launched that softball at top speed, and broke his finger. What an odd quirk. Did he always have it and never show you it? Understandable, he did break his bones after all. Aizawa had sent him up to the nurse, and you all went back to class. The day went on by begrudgingly, and tomorrow had come soon enough.

***

"I am..." you turned your head to the sound of the voice, lifting it out of your palm with a slight smile.

"Coming through the door as normal as can be." All Might said, leaning in through the door frame. He was donned out in his Silver Age costume. Kaminari shouted out, "It's All Might!" You turned to Tooru with a smile on your face and even though you couldn't see hers you knew it was there.

"I guess he really is a teacher a UA," Kirishima noted, and All Might walked to the stand in front of the chalkboard. Hands on his broad hips, he stated, "I teach Hero Basic Training. It is a subject where you train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero. You'll take the most units of this subject!" He begun to flex his muscles, still talking. "Let's get right to it! This is what we'll do today," He turned around swiftly, holding a card up that said "BATTLE" in bright orange writing.

"Combat Training!"

From behind you, you felt the aura of an angry blonde seeping through the room. He seems eager, you thought. "Combat!" He shouted out, and Midoriya finished it with a meek 'training.'

Gesturing towards a wall, All Might shouted, "and to go with that are these!" Boxes slid out of the wall, all numbered from 01-21. "Costumes based on your quirk registrations and requests you sent in before school started."

"After you change, meet up at Ground Beta!" All Might shouted, dismissing your class to the locker room.

You prayed to god they didn't actually put in your joke request of clout goggles.

***

Donning a pair of white oval glasses with black frames, you looked over yourself in the mirror real quick. They did hit all of your requests - shorts, a short sleeved cropped hoodie, black turtleneck tank top, black gloves, cushioned boots, some ace bandages and a medicine bag, and clout goggles.

You covered up the scar on your thigh with the ace bandage and wrapped the medicine bag around it. On the light purple jacket there were two dots - and you knew it was a signature from the costume maker. In the instructions that came with the costume it read a second year in the support course made it. Uraraka clapped you on the back. "You look great, (Y/N)! You should pull your hair back."

"Thanks, Uraraka," you said with a sincere smile, and (slid a cloth headband into your hair / tied your hair into a ponytail). She gave you a thumbs up, and the two of you made small talk walking to Ground Beta.

Sunglasses slid over your (e/c) eyes, you walked into ground beta alongside Iida and Ochako.

"They say clothes make the man, young men and ladies," All Might boomed. You all stepped into the light, confident looks on your faces and a pop in your step. "Be aware, from now on, you are all heroes!"

You glanced around to intake everyone's costumes. Some were complex, some were simple, and some were a little ridiculous. Then again, you did have clout goggles. "That's great everyone, you all look so cool! Now shall we begin, you buncha newbies?"

Deku came running out, a green hood pulled over his head with ears and a mouth piece. Uraraka went to greet him.

"Hey, Iida, what's the helmet all for?" You asked the boy next to you. He turned and hit his fist gently on a gloved hand. "In my family, it runs to have over the top costumes. Plus, it is very conventional. I see you utilized making sure you have enough skin showing to use your quirk. Very clever!"

You scratched the back of your neck, laughing awkwardly. "It's nothing much, Iida, but thank you!" He just nodded, and Izuku and Uraraka came back up with you two, the latter blushing a little. You simply smiled and turned your attention to All Might.

"Now, it's time for combat training!"

Iida's hand shot up at the elbow. "Sir! This is a battle arena from the entrance exam, so will we be conducting urban battles again?"

All Might held up two fingers and extended his arm out to the crowd. "No we're going to move ahead two steps! Most of the time, fighting villains takes place outside. but if you take a look at the numbers, atrocious villains appear indoors at a much higher rate. Imprisonment, house arrest, back alleyway deals - in this hero society, truly intelligent villains hide in the shadows! For this class, you'll be split into villains and heroes and fight 2-on-2 indoor battles."

Asui quirked her head. "Without basic training?"

All Might clenched his fist. "This is a real battle to understand those basics! But this time, you won't be fighting robots - you'll be fighting each other."

Questions spurred from the crowd. All Might just clenched his teeth and shouted, "I'll answer all your questions!" He then began to explain the winning strategies for both teams and basis of the training exercise. The tall blonde held up a yellow box that read 'Lots'. "Teams and opponents will be determined by drawing lots!"

"They're being decided that haphazardly?!" Iida fretted, leaning forward. You placed a hand on his arm, and Deku picked up with, "pros often have to create makeshift teams with heroes from other agencies, so maybe that's why?"

"I see. The discernment to look ahead... Please excuse my rudeness!" Iida bowed, and All Might turned away.

"It's fine! Let's do this quickly! Since there's an odd number, we will have a team of three. Any volunteers?"

Nobody raised their hand up, so you rolled your eyes and shot yours up. "I'll go, sir."

Kirishima clenched his fist. "So manly for a girl..."

All Might nodded. "Pick a letter from A to J then, and that will be the team we'll place you on!"

"I'll take Team D, sir." All Might nodded, and begun drawing names. Team A was Izuku and Uraraka, Team B was Shoji and Todoroki, Team C was Yaoyorozu and Mineta, Team D was yourself, Iida, and Bakugou, Team E was Ashido and Aoyama, Team F was Sato and Koda, Team G was Kaminari and Jirou, Team H was Tokoyami and Asui, Team I was Hagakure and Ojiro, and Team J was Sero and Kirishima.

"Iida and Bakugou, not bad..." you muttered.

Digging his hand through the barrel, All Might pulled out the villains and the heroes.

"The villains are Team D and the heroes are Team A! Everyone else head to the monitoring room!" The crowd began to walk off, leaving Iida, Bakugou, Izuku, Ochako and You.

You turned to a sulking Iida and an upset Bakugou with a bright smile. "Even if we are villains, we're going first so we should set the bar super high! We've got this!"

Iida just shook his head, and All Might lead you 5 towards the building where the battle would take place. "Villain team, go in first and set up! Five minutes after, the heroes will break in, commencing the fight!"

The three of you begun to walk in through a back door, and All Might grinned and begun to speak. "Young Iida, Young Bakugou, Young (Y/N), learn to think from the perspective of the villains. This is pretty close to a real battle. Go all out, and don't be afraid to get hurt. If things get too harsh, I'll step in and stop it."

You and Iida nodded, and Bakugou just shot a look to an unaware Izuku, gritting his teeth.

"Do your best, rookies!" All Might called, and shut over the door, light fading and the creak echoing through the room.