[ 10 ] Bakugou's Fall, and the Start of it All

Urakaka slid down the weapon and landed on the ground, and Iida was frantically waving his arms around, while (Y/N) rushed to pull a small water bottle out of her bag on her thigh.

     Iida took off his helmet and placed it next to him, rubbing Uraraka's back gently as (Y/N) ushered her to take a few sips of water. Eventually All Might came down with a stretcher to get Izuku to Recovery Girl. The other four were left in the building to gather their composure.

     Glancing over to Bakugou, all you could see was the kid shaking with the most fearful expression on his face, staring down at his quivering hand with nothing but wide eyes. Thoughts ran through his head about his loss and Deku's win, unknowingly hyperventilating from the pure stress of it all. The sheer thought of Izuku beating him in an all out fight brought nothing but rage and envy to his mind, until a large hand on his shoulder brought him out of his headspace.

     "Come back, young Bakugou. It's time to review the results," All Might said in a comforting tone. All Bakugou could do was stare out into the distance as he gave a speech about wining and losing.

***

     "Well, even if I say that, the MVP for this battle is Young Iida!" All Might said, and from (Y/N)'s left, Iida seemed to glow.

     "It's not either of the winners, Ochako or Midoriya?" Tsuyu questioned, and Kaminari added, "I swore it could have been (Y/N)!"

     All Might leaned down, asking, "Hmm, well, why could that be? Does anyone know?"

    Yaoyorozu's hand shot up.

   "That's because Iida adapted the most to the context of the training. From watching the match, it seemed Bakugou acted on his own because of a personal grudge. And as Mr. All Might said earlier, it is foolish to launch a large scale attack indoors. He also caused infighting by hitting (L/N)."

     (Y/N) turned to Bakugou with a side glance, only to see the boy looking downwards.

     She ignored that his lip was quivering.

     "In the same way, taking into consideration the damage that he received, Midoriya's plan was also rash," Momo continued. "Uraraka has let her guard down mid-battle, and her final attack was too reckless."

     Yaoyorozu turned to (Y/N) with a soft smile. "Though Iida is the overall MVP, I'd say (L/N) got the most physical victory out of this one. She never stopped running once, and during the middle of the match, despite being on the brink of fainting, she kept running and held onto the quirks she had as long as possible."

     The girl smiled eagerly back at Yaoyorozu. "Though going off on your own after Bakugou was rash, I believe you and Iida both deserve the title of MVP. Iida had prepared for his opponent's arrival, and had assumed it was a fight for the weapon, which made his response to the final attack late."

     Both (Y/N) and Iida were on cloud nine at the compliments from her, beaming and sparkling like kids in a candy store, hands on their chests like their heart was going to burst out. Ochako and a few others simply laughed at it, while Bakugou stayed quiet.

     "The heroes only won because they took advantage of that fact that this was training. They were practically breaking the rules." The room was left silent as everyone stared at Yaoyorozu, with the exception of an overly happy (Y/N) and Tenya, who the latter had tears of joy comically streaming down his face and Bakugou who just glowered into the floor.

     "W-well, Young Iida also has parts of him that could be more relaxed. But, well, that was correct!" All Might stammered out, amazed at Yaoyorozu's analytics. He walked up to the ballots, stating, "Let's change locations and pick and new team! Remember what we just discussed!"