[ 15 ] Encounter with the Unknown

IM UPDATING THIS AFTER A YEAR LMFAOOOOO HI IM BACK WITH BETTER WRITTING AND ADDERALL
______________

     The faint sound of the large purple cloud at the bottom of the stairs attracted the classes' attention to that area. It didn't seem too suspicious... is this what we were to use to rescue people?

       "Woah... what's that?" Kirishima asked, squinting his eyes to get a better view. "Has the training started already? Aren't we rescuing people?"

        "Stay back!" Aizawa exclaimed roughly, sliding his goggles on from under his scarf, his hair falling gently over his shoulders as he grabbed his scarf and went on the defensive.

       "This is real. Those are villains."

From next to you, you heard Kaminari mutter a quick curse of shit.

The room felt cold as your head spun in what felt like circles. Was the room spinning or were you? Is it really real? Is this where you die? Iida didn't seem to bothered to correct Kaminari's language... You turned to Iida and his face was unreadable. Shock... anger... dread... His eyebrows furrowed together and his eyes narrowed.

"Scumbags. Using the press as a cover to sneak onto campus? Detestable," Aizawa spat. Around you the class began theorizing what the hell was going on.

"How did so many of 'em get into a UA facility especially with security like this?" Kirishima questioned to nobody. Momo placed a hand on your shoulder and leaned over you to ask Thirteen about why the alarms weren't going off, and the weight of her palm felt almost reassuring, if you weren't about to possibly die.

Momo's hair fell onto your shoulder and you felt her chest press into your back. You turned your head back to her, and gave her a queasy smile. She returned it, but you didn't ignore the feeling of her palm lightly shaking.

Todoroki spoke up from his usual silence, saying about how he believes there could be a quirk masking their presence from the rest of the buildings and security.

"They're stupid for trespassing here, but the thought is evident- they've got an objective. But what could that be?" He questioned, fiddling with his thumb absent-mindedly. You stared at his hand, and thoughts raced through your head.

Although some masked it better than others- the truth was clear.

You all were terrified for your lives.

Eraserhead turned to Thirteen, clearly trying to keep morale amongst the students despite the horrible situation. "Get them out of here and alert the main campus. There might be signal jamming. Kaminari, try to contact the school with your quirk."

Kaminari fiddled with his sensor, and Izuku posed a question.

"You can't fight them on your own! What are you going to do? Your technique isn't suited for this kind of a fight-"

"This job doesn't make room for only one trick, Midoriya. Take care."

With his last words, Aizawa jumped down the length of the stairs directly into the field, beginning to engage the front lines. His scarf flew behind him along with his hair, and he quickly took down three people with use of his quirk and fighting techniques. He was clearly disrupting the villain's plans, and you silently cheered him on as you began to evacuate.

The mist from the bottom of the stairs appeared before your class, halting any form of movement towards the exit. It's pure purple swirls drew you in and you felt almost paralyzed at the seemingly yellow eyes that it beheld.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. We are the League of Villains," it begun, it's voice a deep baritone, "I know it's impolite, but we decided to invite ourselves into this haven of justice to say hello."

Thirteen took more of a defensive pose, conscientiously watching the cloud of mist and analyzing anything it does or says.

"And besides, isn't a place like this one fitting for a hero like All Might to take his last breath? He was supposed to be here today, was he not? A change of plans we did not foresee? However, it does not matter. I still have a job to get done."

You watched Thirteen prepare their black hole quirk, before from your side Bakugo and Kirishima launched themselves towards the mist, preparing an attack. A large explosion surrounded the class as Bakugo shot a round off at the mist, the two cockily standing and taunting the cloud of mist.

It didn't seem to work.

"You two live up to your school's reputation, but you should be more careful, children," the mist spoke, growing larger and almost angrier. "Otherwise, someone might get hurt."

"Get out of the way right now!" Thirteen shouted.

The mist began to surround your group and grow thicker and more powerful, creating an aggressive wind current that was hard to even stand and face.

"I'll scatter you across this facility to meet my comrades- and your deaths!"

From the corner of your eye you watched Iida grab Sato and Uraraka, and Shoji launch himself to cover Mina and Sero. You felt your feet loose their bearing and lost your balance, almost falling over before your vision faded to black.

_____________

As you regained consciousness, you felt yourself falling and rolling down a hill, mentally cursing before catching yourself with your legs. Scanning the area, you noticed it was the Landslide Zone, and you were for the most part alone- no students, no villains. It was oddly quiet, and you looked up towards where the warp portal dropped you from to see another figure falling down next to you.

You reached your arms out to stop their fall, and were immediately met with cold coursing through your veins, the feeling of ice against your bare skin. Looking down in your arms, you saw you held the quiet boy Todoroki, who seemed a bit aloof towards the whole situation. He gave you a nod as thanks as you set him down from your hold on him.

"Are you alright?" You inquired, quirking your head.

"I'm fine, just a bit miffed. Is it only us?"

"Seems like so."

Todoroki sighed in slight annoyance, before scanning the landslide area around you. It seemed to be just you two, yet no villains came to make a move onto you two.

"Hey, Todoroki," you started, and he turned to you with an acknowledging look.

"Are you alright if I borrow your ice for a bit?"

He nodded, and reached his hand out for you to touch and use his quirk. You grasped it, the cold feeling returning slightly, and tried experimenting by forming a small bit of ice in your hand. Since Yaomomo touched you earlier, forming the ice was simple and didn't exhaust anything in you.

"Thank you!"

"Of course. I must pose a question though."

"Um, yeah, shoot," you said, raising an eyebrow, feeling a bit nervous.

"Is your dad's name Shoto? You mentioned that outside the USJ."

You nodded suspiciously, the feeling of anxiety leaving your body. Todoroki was less intimidating than you thought him out to be- he was just aloof and almost awkward.

"My name is Shoto too. I've never met another Shoto."

"Oh? Well maybe you can meet him one day. He's a kind fellow."

"Grand. I think we should probably get going," he said, staring out to the center of the USJ. "Standing around idly is making us ripe for the picking."

You narrowed your eyes, recalling what Rei told you about her son. She seemed almost resentful towards him, but you could see the resemblance of her in him. They both had calming presences. He seemed like he was holding something choked within him deep down, but resisted the claws of it.

         Ascertaining that you'd eventually break his icy barrier, you set foot forward towards the center of the USJ.