"Pretend"- Boyf Riends

Jeremy Heere was in love. He managed to fall for Christine Canigula, the girl of his dreams and girl who he thought would never like him.

"Dude, come on. You gotta talk to her!" Michael said to Jeremy.

"But what if she doesn't like me? I don't think I can take rejection easily." Jeremy said nervously.

"How will you know if you never try? She could like you and you just don't know."

"Why would she like me. She probably likes Jake; he's popular, hot- I mean from a girl's point of view. The point is Christine probably doesn't like me. I don't think I could ever talk to her!"

Michael ignored the first part and answered his friend truthfully. "Listen, I have an idea. How about you come to my house and practice it with me. Like pretend I'm Christine and you have to talk to me. It's like acting!" Michael tried to ignore how much it pained him to see Jeremy pining over a girl. He knew that his best friend would never reciprocate the feelings that Michael had for him.

"Uh, sure. See you after school!" Jeremy walked off to class as the bell rang leaving Michael standing in the hall by himself.

"See ya." Michael said to no one in particular.

*****
Jeremy met up with Michael at his locker. The two boys walked to Michael's car as he explained the plan.

"Okay so just pretend I'm Christine. Just practice what you would say to her and I'll try to act like she does." Jeremy laughed silently, imagining Michael dancing across his bedroom frantically and reciting Shakespeare.

"Okay sounds like a plan." Jeremy said hopping in the front seat next to Michael.

The car stayed silent for the remainder of the car ride to Michael's house. Neither boy knew how to start the conversation and they could feel the awkwardness hanging in the air. Michael parked in the driveway and walked to his front door.

"And on your right you can spot the Mell household." Michael attempted to mimick a tour guide. It didn't work. It did make Jeremy laugh which was good on Michael's part.

The boys rushed inside towards Michael's room and sat down on his best bags.

"Okay," Michael started "if I were Christine, what would you say to me?"

"Honestly Micha," Jeremy got scolded by Michael.

"My name is Christine." Michael said flirtatiously. This made Jeremy burst out laughing. "But for real, what would you say to her."

"Probably something like, 'I know how much you love doing plays, what's your favorite show?' I don't know that probably-"

"Well my favorite show is Wicked, but Mr. Reyes would never let us do it." Michael said trying bring out his inner Christine. (y'all Wicked isn't my fav show I just feel like Christine would like it for some reason idk)

Jeremy was shocked that he got a descent answer from Michael. Jeremy decided to keep on going with the questions. Eventually they were getting the hang of it and Michael already had a whole new persona created. After an hour of two of doing this, Jeremy completely forgot he was talking to Michael.

"You know, Christine, I feel like I can tell you anything."

"That's because you can, Jeremy. What's on your mind."

Instead of answering Jeremy leaned in ever so slightly towards Michael. "Jer-Jere-" Michael said to Jeremy, not using the same voice that he used for Christine. Jeremy didn't answer him, and only leaned in closer. "Are you sure?" Michael's question was answered by the pounding of lips on to his own. Michael forgot about his insecurities and about Jeremy finding out. You know what? Fuck it.

Michael and Jeremy started to full on make out now. Jeremy, only partially aware of what really was going on, was enjoying this more than he could imagine it with Christine. He opened his eyes and saw Michael looking over at him with his eyes glazed over. "Micha, you okay?" Jeremy managed to say.

"Am I okay? You're the one who's been pining over a girl for over a year and just made out with your best friend!" What Michael didn't say was that he completely was blissed out in that moment.

"Oh. Right." The two boys sat in silence for a minute. "Michael?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think, um, could we kiss again? I liked it. A lot. I mean I get it if yo-" Jeremy was cut off by Michael connecting their lips. Jeremy grabbed Michael and put him on his bed and started to loosen his belt. "Is this okay, Micha?" Jeremy said, barely a whisper.

The other boy could only manage a small head nod.

Jeremy went back to what he was doing, but was soon stopped by a cell phone ringing. Jeremy groaned. "It's my dad" he whispered to Michael as he picked up the phone.

"Jeremy? Where are you" Mr. Heere said, clearly heard by Michael.

"I'm at Michael's house, what's wrong?" Jeremy's dad was on speaker by now.

"Oh I just wanted to make sure you were okay. If you're staying over just let me know so I won't wait up for you."

Jeremy immediately made eye contact with Michael. "Yeah," he responded "I think I'm staying over."

/okay my hand hurts a lot and I had to rewrite 400 + words of it cause it got deleted so ya fav is crying in da club. don't forget I take requests too and I'll try to update as often as possible. love ya 😘/

-gabby