frozen- Kleinphy

TW: death and suicide

Jared Kleinman was in love with Connor Murphy. They had been dating for 2 years by now and they had an apartment together. Jared was working for a computer based company and Connor worked at a library.

"Con, baby, are you going to go into work today? It looks really bad out there." It was a full on snowstorm and the roads were really bad. As predicted, their local library that Connor worked at never closed. They literally never close unless there's a car through their window (y'all, I'm a book nerd so I volunteer at libraries and this is a true story, they legit only closed when a car drove through their lobby. ahhahah enjoy the story)

"Babe, I'll be fine. The job is just 10 minutes away, do not worry I'll be fine." Connor kissed his worried boyfriend. "Hey, if it makes you feel better, would you rather I take a half day?"

"Okay, baby, as long as your safe." Jared kissed Connor passionately and bid him a farewell. "Bye." Jared said as Connor walked out the door.

Now, Jared had a date with The Great British Bake Off and the couch.

*****

Wow. Connor thought. Jared was right, the roads are pretty bad. Maybe I should turn around and call in sick. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

The frozen ground began to form ice and made the roads more slick by the minute. Connor picked up his phone about to call in sick. At the same time he made a U-turn but he didn't account for the ice on the road. Connor was too busy trying to avoid getting into an accident to call in sick. To his relief, he managed to stop his car, but it had begun to spin out onto the middle of the road. Connor took a minute to come back to his senses, but he was surprised at the oncoming headlights that didn't seem to stop.

*****

Jared had managed to pass out in the middle of the the showstopper challenge. He was awoken suddenly by the office ringtone blaring loudly. It was an unknown number; Jared picked up the phone.

"Hello, is this Mr. Kleinman." Jared didn't recognize the voice, but he responded to the voice.

"Yeah, that's me. Is everything okay?"

"Well, not exactly. Connor Murphy has been in an unfortunate accident and he's in the hospital now under critical condition."

Jared let out a small sob. He immediately grabbed his keys, forgetting about the phone call.
Rushing to the car, he drove as fast as he could to get to Connor.

As Jared sped past lights, he arrived at the hospital and rushed in. Sprinting to the ICU he practically yelled for where Connor's room was. He wasn't mad, he was upset. Due to that, he didn't know how to handle anything.

After being directed to Connor's room he sat down in the chair next to his bed and held his hand.

"Baby, it's gonna be alright." Jared whispered to his boyfriend who sat unmoving on the hospital bed.

"Mr. Kleinman? Would you be able to come out here and sign some forms?" a nurse said as she stepped into Connor's room.

Jared, reluctant on leaving Connor, obliged and followed her through the door. "All you need to do is sign here, here and here. Do you know his insurance? That's also needed."

Jared just nodded, thankful that nothing worse had happened to his boyfriend. He had spoke too soon.

Out of nowhere, a load beeping emmitted from Connor's room and nurses rushed into his room to figure out what was wrong. The heart monitor lay flat.

Jared fell to the ground and lay motionless, too hurt by the loss of his other half to do anything. Sobs overcame his body and he stayed on the ground; shaking and frozen from what just happened.

*****

Jared stayed frozen. He was frozen at Connor's funeral, frozen when Evan came to his apartment in attempts to comfort him, frozen when he swallowed the antidepressants that he kept in the medicine cabinet.

/oops it's a sad one, sorry y'all. expect some angst for the next oneshot. byeeeee/

-Gabby