Prosopagnosia pt 2- Boyf Riends

Jeremy walked with Michael to his PT cruiser, secretly knowing something was up. He knew his best friend got anxious and acted weird, but this was a new level for him.

"Dude," Jeremy called out to Michael. He whipped his head around and looked at him a good second before it registered that Jeremy was Jeremy. And once Michael blinked, it all slipped away. "are you okay? You seem off."

Michael desperately wanted to tell Jeremy what he thought was up, but he didn't know how he would take it. Would he think I'm lying? Or just trying to get attention? What if he hates me? Michael decided to play it off for now. "Dude, I'm fine." Michael said as he got into his car.

"Okay, whatever you say bro." Jeremy said climbing into the passenger side of the car.

Michael changed the subject. "So I got some weed in the backseat, ready to get stoned later?" (y'all I'm a holy child, I don't understand the drugs so please forgive my poor, poor choice of words and the awkwardness. continue on with the story now.)

"Um, hell yeah. Just makes sure you try to get the smell out at least, you know my dad hates it." Jeremy secretly hates getting high, but he knew that Michael tends to tell the truth when he's stoned. Jeremy wanted to know what was up.

*****

Michael and Jeremy were smoking pot and playing Apocalypse of the Damned. Forever stuck on level 9. After dying for God knows what time, they took a break.

"Dude you have seriously been acting weird lately, what's wrong? You know you can tell me anything." Jeremy tried to convince Michael to tell him the truth, whether he liked it or not.

Stoned Michael was willing to tell Jeremy anything and everything. So that's exactly what he did. "So do you wanna hear a fun fact? I am unable to recognize faces. Like if I look away right now and look back my brain forgot what you look like so I gotta figure it out by memorizing your physical characteristics." Michael was practically spewing facts right now. "I googled it and.guess what? It's called prosopag-something. I kinda forgot. Oops."

Jeremy was trying to register all of this information. Suddenly everything made perfect sense. Why Michael would look around like he was lost sometimes, or how it took a while before he realized that it was Jeremy who called his name. "Micha, does anyone know about this?"

Michael smiled and shook his head. "Nope! Just youuuu!"

"Why me? Why not tell your mom's or even anyone else?"

"Awe Jeremy, it's because you're my best friend! And do you want to know a secret? I'm in love with you!" Michael gasped and continued to laugh like a 5 year old. It was almost as if he was drunk. Maybe the author only knows how to write about drunk people. Who knows.

Jeremy just looked at Michael, clearly having a sensory overload. Between finding out about this weird disease that he has and about how he is in love with him, Jeremy didn't know how to react. The thing was, Jeremy has also been secretly in love with Michael. Jeremy decided to say fuck it to thinking about his actions and decided to listen to his emotions. Jeremy leaned over the beanbags on his basement floor and connected his lips with Michael's.

"Woah." Was all Jeremy could say when he pulled apart. That woah didn't last for long until Michael grabbed Jeremy's face and kissed him. They stayed like that for a while, just kissing in the marijuana scented basement with the "you died" screen pulled up on Apocalypse of the Damned.

They would probably talk more about what happened and about Michael's disease when they weren't stoned or making out. Or both.

/Kay I'm done. dk when I'm gonna update next but damn over 1000 words between pt 1 and 2. cool. anyways I'm gonna sleep and I may or may not see Mike Faist tmrrw. gn y'all./

-Gabby