Her Scent

Xavier's pov

I sat behind my desk, looking over all of the files I have to log and look into. This is shit.

I could feel my wolf all excited and prancing around my head. 'dafuque is wrong with you Spike?' I asked him. 'What you mean dafuque is wrong with me? I should ask you that... Get happy, she is near" he replied. Ok i knew he had an attitude but boi calm your fur down. 'This isn't a fucking joke." he hissed at me. Ok, this is not normal.

But before I could have a go at him I was mind linked by my Beta. 'a rogue crossed the border' 
At that, I jolted out my seat ran out the house and shifted.

I can't believe I still haven't found my mate yet... Its been four years since I first shifted... I need my Luna... The pack needs a Luna... What if I don't have a mate?

I mean there are some unlucky wolves that don't get mated to someone. What if I'm one? Ill have to find another Luna. At that thought my wolf growled.

Ok this is weird. Anyway, I set my gaze back to the task. I sniffed my Beta out and then found him, once I found him I began to chase after the rogue. We chased him all the way to the bit of unclaimed territory between us and our neighboring pack, Blood Moon pack.

As we searched around our borders just to make sure we also made a call to the Alpha of Blood Moon pack letting them know that a rogue was chased off our grounds and headed towards their grounds. We have an alliance and I'm quite good friends with the Alpha.

All of a sudden I froze. 'What is that smell?' I asked Spike who was howling in joy at the mouth watering smell of vanilla and golden pear. 

I shifted behind a tree and grabbed some clothes that we had stashed around the area. I was to caught up in the scent to realize that my Beta was doing the same as me.

"What can you smell?" I asked him.
"Honey and spice... You?" he asked me.
"Vanilla and golden pear..."
"Do you think it could be our mates...?" I questioned cautiously, still sniffing and trailing the scent.
"Yes."
After that being said we ran not bothering to look and notice we crossed territory onto Blood Moons pack territory... We have an alliance... Its fine.

All of a sudden we stopped in front of a school. I scanned around smelling the air. My eyes landed on a table that had a group full of girls, but one of them stood out the most. There were two of them that kept looking around and looking uneasy and yet excited. But one stood out the most for me.

Me and my Beta rushed over to the table, I picked the most beautiful girl up and nuzzled my head into her neck, taking a big intake of her scent. She growled and tried to struggle out of my grip. I looked over to my Beta to see him doing the same as me but to his girl, his girl was fighting just as much as mine was.

I looked back at the table we plucked them from only to see them giggling and nudgeing each other. Wow.

It was then it hit me, this is my mate. My Luna. My one and only. Mine.

'Mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate!!!!!' my wolf kept howling out in excitement.

Just as the girl gave up I placed her back on the floor. I pushed her up a wall that was conveniently behind her. I nuzzled my head in her neck and ignored her struggling. I pulled back out and looked into her ocean blue eyes. I could practically see her wolf jumping in joy.

"What's your name my dearest mate?" I asked her, in a daze as I was surrounded by her intoxicating scent.
"That's none of your business." she said plainly, trying to get out of the grip I had on her waist.
Spike growled out of annoyance.
"Shall I just call you mine then?" I asked her, bringing the smoothest thing I could think of out my mouth. Just her voice can make me lose my mind.

"No you can't... I'm not yours. I don't want or need a mate so excuse me, but I have to go." she said and struggled her way out my arms only to have me drag her back. My wolf didn't like what she said one bit and immediately growled at the thought of my mate leaving me.

Hurt crossed my features and I watched her physically wince... She already doesn't like seeing me hurt. "What's your name?" I grouned out.
"Evvy" she spoke confidently.
I looked at her and fell into another daze just like i had seconds before.

She was about to slip from my grip again when I caught her, threw her over my shoulder and ran into the woods. She didn't squirm, no, not until I was about to cross the border from their pack to mine.

She managed to hop down, all of her confidence diminishing.
"I-i can't g-go in there." she stuttetered out. Ok, i felt terrible that my mate was scared but... I gotta say, it feels nice to know that people are that scared to step foot on my land.

I held her close to me and said "I'm sure the Alpha would be fine with it." but I saw her close her eyes and grit her teeth, she needs to stop fighting the mate bond so much... All its gonna do is hurt both of us.
"And how would you know?" oh here comes miss confident again.
"Well he is sorta standing in front of you sweet cheeks" I said crossing my arms and leaning against a tree. All of a sudden she blushed a deep red. She seemed to zone out, probably trying to contact her wolf.

I tried to contact Spike but... As we both just found out at the same time... Both our wolves were talking and playing... But they still wanted to see each other in real life... But I just couldn't trust Spike yet... He would probably mark her and whilst her wolf would love that... She most likely would not.

I whimpered at the thought of what she would do if I did force mark her. But the next thing i know, she was by my side and her eyes were flickering between an electric dark blue and a light ocean blue.... Her wolf was trying to take over...

All of a sudden she stepped back seeming like she got control again. "So I'm mates with an Alpha?" she asked me I just nodded my head.
"Where is Ali?" She asked suddenly... She must really care for her. Guessing that this 'Ali' girl is the other girl my Beta carried away, I mind linked him.

'Aiden where are you and Ali? My mate is extremely worried." I said to him. In seconds I got a reply.
'I managed to get her across the border, it was a struggle... They are really against crossing the border... Good luck.' he replied.

I looked back at my mate to see she was looking at me... She was checking me out whilst I was mind linking... Ooooooohhhh I like this. "She is with her mate, my Beta. They are fine." I said as I smirked at her.
"Well that's good, I hope I see you again but I gotta go home..." she said and tried to walk off.

I pulled her back and into my chest. "Oh no, your coming with me" and with that I lifted her up and ran back to the pack house... Where her and I will one day live, with her as my Luna.

Soon this is just gonna be too much for my poor heart... I love wolves 😂😂