Insanity Is A Downfall On Most Parts

Envy's pov

I don't think I have ever hopped away from someone so fast. I mean, what does he think I am? Some sort of baby making machine? Well I'm not. Nor will I be. I have rights, and I have morals and at the moment, this is conflicting with them.

I backed away from him with my finger pointing out towards him. I clearly made sure that I looked alarmed. Of course I was alarmed, he just told me I basically HAD to have a child with him... just to stop my own pain. Is this not against werewolf law? No, of course not, or the moon Goddess wouldn't have made it that way.

I was gaping at him like a fish, trying to figure out what to say. How would you respond? This is one of the many reasons I hate mates. Not only are they made perfectly for you, but the very nature of the pull is so that it all moved faster. faster than any normal person would like. Yet, of course I'm not a normal person. I'm one of the many werewolves out there. That lives by werewolf nature. That confides in it.

I wish I could have been one of those wolves who never found a mate so I could choose. Yet, I find the back of my head, my subconscious, telling me otherwise. My instinct thriving in the idea of a mate. Myself, glad that I have one.

Dammit

"Look, I never said that we had to. I would never do that to you. You asked, and I just thought that you should know. Seen as it is what stops your heat and all. It's up to you. Just know, that I already know that deep down, your thriving in the idea. It's instinct." Xavier spoke up.

I halted in my steps.... how must he know so much?

I closed my mouth, that was still making fish gapes. I stood up straight and sorted myself out.

Evvy, this is normal. Do not be so weird about it. It is completely normal for Alphas and their mates to do this. It will be fine. As he said, he isn't pressuring you. which in all fairness to the guy, he wasn't.

Maybe I just over reacted... but anyone would react that way.

I walked up to him. His hand was running through his hair as he faced the opposite direction to me. I quickly grabbed his elbow and pulled it down from in his hair. I walked around him so that I was now standing directly in front of him.

I looked over his face, scanning it for emotion. At first I saw doubt in his eyes, and then it quickly changed to joyfulness as he saw me in front of him. Once again, we sat at the edge of the cliff, just looking over it all. It was truly beautiful.

I could feel a burning gaze on me, so I turned my head in the direction of Xavier. Surely enough, he was staring at me intently, like he was completely engrossed in me. I blushed as I saw him but I didn't look away. I was better than that now.  Xavier had a thousand questions written on his face. So, I decided to ask him.

"What is it?" I asked sweetly as I turned my body to face him.

"Your such a complex soul, you know that, right? I mean you can go from one minute being completely horrified and alarmed, to being so chill and not even saying anything about it." he replied as he kept his intense stare on me.

I looked off a little bit, not really knowing what to say. Yeah, when he says it like that, I do seem like a rubix cube that is fighting back. (any James Bond fans should be quaking due to the reference to the movie 'Skyfall' a.k.a the only James Bond movie I have actually seen)

[comment your favourite James Bond movie or if you have even seen one]

"Not everyone needs to be simple, and not every puzzle is solvable. One day to you, I will be just like the back of your hand. Just like you knew me so well in past lives and just like you will get to know me so well in future lives. Which by the way, brings a whole new meaning to 'I will always come back to you'" I smiles as I thought about what I had just said.

"This is one of the so many reasons I love you." and once he said that. He gently placed his hand on he bas of my neck and kissed me slowly. It was a nice feeling. I felt warm all over and butterflies appeared in my stomach. He pulled back with a grunt and sighed.

"I will never get enough of how kissing you feels." he murmured as he rested his forehead against mine.

 "You get the butterflies too?" I asked him as I blew out a shaky breath.

"Baby, I get the whole damn zoo." he smirked at me as he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

I turned my body back and dangled my legs back over the edge, leaving my hand in his and leaning my head on his shoulder.

We stayed there for about an hour. Just chatting and looking over at the view.

I stood up and pulled my phone out to see the time.

"Oh goodness" I gasped.

it was already 3 in the afternoon!

I had to get home for tea.

"Errmm do you want to come over for tea. You haven't exactly met them properly and I'm sure they would love to get to know you. Seen as, ya know... I'm moving in" I said as I kicked dirt with my feet.

I heard him chuckle as he took a step forward. "Of course I would."

I took his hand in mine and we began our track back to my house, we crossed the border and I could hear some hushed voices.

I definitely recognised one of the voices.

I decided to quickly mask my scent and walked closer.

"Are you ever going to tell anyone I'm your mate?! Are you ashamed of me!? I'm sick of sneaking around Hunter! I wanna be with you! The age gap doesn't matter! Its only 5 years!" A girl screamed in a hushed tone. My jaw had dropped.

My brother, Hunter, the fucking dim wit had found his mate. Who was 5 years younger than him... that meant she was 14... wow

I looked over at Xavier who was just as shocked as I was .

I stepped out from behind the tree, unmasking my scent in the process. Hunter looked up from his crying mate and muttered a curse word.

well...

sometimes I wish I could have a love like half of these werewolf stories have

*shot*

welp... ok

VINE OF THE DAY

"My advice to the fellas, if you gonna cheat please do not get caught, I never get caught and do you know why? cuz-"

"what the hell you mean you don't get caught?"

"I w-"

*slapped*

ok that's that but can the shooter please stop... I apologised

"alright fam" *puts gun down*