Oh Brother

Evvy's pov

The girl had now crumpled to the floor and was leaning up against a tree. I could see the tears streaming down her face as she looked up at me and Xavier.

I looked at my brother, Hunter, who had tussled hair and was looking at me expectantly. I think he was waiting for me to beat his ass about hurting this poor girls feelings. That will have to wait till later, and I made sure h knew that by linking it to him.

I slowly approached the girl and leant down in front of her. I reached my hand out to her and saw as she flinched away. I turned to my brother and scowled the best scowl I could muster.

"My names Evvy, I'm Hunter's sister." I spoke as I smiled at her.

She looked at me and appeared to be taken aback. She seemed to study me for a moment before beaming up at me with the biggest smile.

"Hi! I'm Emily, I'm Hunter's mate!" she chirped.

She seemed so happy to just finally meet someone who meant something of significance to Hunter. I can't really blame her, she was his mate and he was refusing to tell anyone about her.

Hunter smiled a he looked at her. He just seemed so elated as he saw her all giddy and joyful. I could still sense his regret of not letting us meet her sooner and for making her cry, but he deserved hat much. He made is mate cry. Any wolf deserves the guilt if they make their mate cry.

"This is my mate Xavier." I introduced her to him. Xavier offered a small nod and I saw the girl shrink away slightly. Crap, I forgot about his reputation....

"ohhhh no, no, no, no, he is ok... he won't hurt you. It's fine." I express.

She seemed to have taken a bit of reassurance in my words or maybe its just the fact that Hunter sort of pounced to her side when he saw her fear.

I smiled at the pair. They truly were cute. Especially how short she was compared to him. She came up to abut is elbow.

"Hunter, why don't you invite this lovely young lady to dinner with us. All of our mates are invited if we have one. Joanne is coming, and so is Xavier. I'm sure that our parents would be frilled o know that you found your mate." I smiled at him, but there was an unmistakeable undertone that basically threatened him to go against what I said.

Hunter appeared to gaze off for a moment before lacing his fingers with her like Xavier had just done to me before saying.

"Why not."

With that said, we walked home and into the living room.

"Mom, me and Hunter are here, and Hunter has some splendid news!"

mom came crashing into the living room like a damn cannon ball. She glanced at me and Xavier and smiled before smelling the air and turning towards  Hunter and Emily.

At first she seemed confused but then she followed their hands and saw them conjoined, she gasped happily.

"MITCH GET YOUR FAT ARSE DOWN HERE! OUR SON ACTUALLY ACOMPLISHED SOMETHING!" Mom screamed. I saw Hunter blush as he muttered a 'thanks mom'. I just silently giggled to myself.

"IM COMING WOMAN FOR GOODNESS SAKES! you would think a man could take a damned shit in peace." my dad replied, muttering the last bit.

I hid my face in Xavier's chest to muffle the full on laughing fit I was about to have.

I heard pounding on the stairs and pulled my head out of Xavier's chest, My dad soon stodd looking at us and then he faced Hunter and Emily.

He smiled happily at hunter and did the strange bro hug thing where they clap hands pull in and then tap each other back.