"Long Walks And Frivolous Talks"

CHAPTER 4

Hannah's POV:

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking" I said and took a few steps behind. As I looked up, I saw a pair of hazel eyes staring at me. I looked at him from top to bottom. He was tall and fair- skinned. He had pitch- black hair and he sported a cropped hair cut. His face was sweaty and his cheeks were as red as if he was trying to recreate a tomato of himself. His jersey hugged his chest, emphasising his muscularity. He took long, deep breaths; similar to panting. He smelt of soap and sweat mixed with lemon grass. But the odd fragrance that escaped him smelt of something more, it smelt like home.

"Umm... that's okay, actually I'm the one who's at fault," his loud, clear and soothing voice interrupted my ogling. Those words were enough to wake me up from my trance. I smiled at him sheepishly and began to pick up the books that had fallen down.

"How come we never met before?", he asked picking up the left book for me.

"That'll be cause I'm new here. Hannah Anderson." I said extending my hand.

"Jacob Price. Nice to meet you", he responds meeting my hand. The moment he touches my hand, shivers run through my entire body causing me to stiffen a bit.

"Well, what are you doing here after school?", he continues withdrawing his hand.

"I was practising my shoots for a while. I really wanna get on the team so figured I could use whatever time I get to practice."

"Well, then it's a good thing you met me."

"What do you mean?"

"I might have missed a little part during my introduction. I'm Jacob Price, captain of The Basketball Sharks."

"Well, I guess even I missed a part of my introduction. Hannah Anderson, your newest Basketball Shark." I say with a smirk on my face.

"Skills and confidence. I like you already."
I couldn't help but blush to what he said.

As we got out of school after freshening up and packing, he asks me.

"Where do you stay? Like should I drop you somewhere?"

"I stay down the main street and no thanks, I like to walk."

"Okay cools. I'll see you tomorrow." Saying this, he was about to leave when I stopped him.

"Umm.. Do you mind walking home with me.?"

"What! I don't wanna walk so much."

"Please?" I said showing him my best puppy eyes hoping that he'll be convinced.

"Okay fine." He said after thinking for about 2 seconds.

The journey home was fun. It felt nice that someone chose to walk home rather than just leaving me stranded. We talked about a lot of stuff and by the time I reached home, I had this really broad smile across my face.

The next morning was extra energizing. I woke up with this urge to get dressed and go to school. I even went out of my way to dress pretty. I chose a black and white mosaic printed crop top matched with dark denim washed ripped shorts. I wore brown strapped sandals matching with a brown sling. My wrist had a multicoloured wrap- a- round bracelet and my nails were painted with a pale shade of green that matched my outfit well.

"Good morning

"Good morning." Char sang approaching from nowhere.

"Morning to you too." I sang back which was unusual, even for me.

"You're happy today. What's up with you?"

"I am and I don't even know why."

"That's good. What lecture do you have now?"

"I have physics with Mr. Richard."

"Even me, even Liv, even Dennis even Jac-, Ohh.. I'll introduce you to Jacob. Let's go." She practically dragged me with her not letting me speak a word.

"Jacob, meet Hannah Anderson. Hannah, this is Jacob Price." I look up to see a familiar face smiling at me which makes me grin hopelessly like an idiot.

"So we meet again, huh." He said while raising an eyebrow at me.

"You guys have met before?" Dennis asks as he walks up to us.

"Yeah, we met yesterday."

"More like clashed. And thanks for walking me home yesterday." I said with a broad smile flashed across my face.

"It's no big deal."

The rest of the day was nice. Mr. Richard tried to crack various types of lame jokes which only ended with us laughing not at the joke but at the quality of the joke.

***

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE💫