"Affections And Neglections"

CHAPTER 20

Hannah's POV:

I was in my seat, listening to music, when someone sat down beside me. I looked up and smiled.

"You're looking really very pretty." He says.

"Thanks." I reply trying to hide my blush as much as I could.

"I was wanting to say that ever since I saw you. But since your mom was there, I couldn't." He shrugs his shoulders while giving me a hopeless smile.

"Yeah, I figured that." I laugh.

Jacob and I sit for a while and talk about random stuff until everyone calls us to play some games. I climb the upper berth since I like sitting on the top. Jacobs climbs in beside me. Across us, I see Dennis and Allison sitting. Allison was at the other while Dennis lay there since he wasn't able to sit up straight because of his height. It seemed as if he was sleeping in Allison's lap but that wasn't the reality.

During the midst of the game, a guy from our class, Stefan, just suddenly gets up. He turns to see Allison and Dennis and shouts.

"What are you guys doing there?"

Immediately everyone gets up to see what was happening. Dennis quickly gets and climbs down.
By the time this interaction happens, our teacher, Miss Elena, reaches there. She scrambles everyone off and handles the situation timely. She is really cool and knows about all the gossip at school. She's the only teacher at school that I'm close to. She knows everything about me and whenever I need any advice, she's the first I consult. We continue playing until everyone gets tired and sleeps. By the time, I wake up the next day, we had already arrived into the town. We were just twenty minutes away from the station. I quickly brushed my teeth and freshened myself. Jacob and Liv were already up and ready while Dennis was waking up Allison.

We got down at the platform and made our way to our buses. Jacob and I sat together while Dennis and Allison sat across us. We spent the whole time listening to songs with everyone. In about no time, we reached our hotel. It was a very lavish area with a fountain right in the middle. The architecture was that of an ancient house while the interior of the rooms was modern. We were given free time until lunch to relax since we were really tired because of the night train travel. Since my roommates were fighting on who wanted to take a bath first, I offered to go last as I wasn't really keen on arguing with anyone at the moment. I made my way to Jacob's room. He opened the door and let me in. No sooner did he close the door behind him than he came and hugged me tight and of course I reciprocated. I sat in on the bed, stretching my legs and taking the blanket over me. Everyone was watching Doctor Strange on the television. After a while, Jacob comes and sits beside me, practically leaning over me while his hand goes round my waist and he pulls me in. It was kinda strange of him to do something like that but I wasn't complaining. It was really cute to be honest. Liv calls me up a while later telling me that everyone's done and that I could take a bath now. I leave promising Jacob to meet him before lunch as he was really hesitant to let me go.

Since it was kind of cold outside, I decided to wear a white sweatshirt with blue and pink sleeves that said 'Beautiful Enough'.
I matched them with a pair of light blue jeans along with my white shoes. I took my pair of sunglasses and put on a light shade of pink lipstick to match my shirt. To complete my look, I tied my hair into a high pony and wore my pink New York Yankees cap.

 To complete my look, I tied my hair into a high pony and wore my pink New York Yankees cap

By the time I reached down, everyone was already out. I found Dennis, Allison and Jacob speaking to Miss Elena. I went over to them. Jacob was dressed in an olive t-shirt with black jeans. He had worn a black leather jacket and a pair of white shoes too. He looked hot in that outfit.

"Hey everyone

"Hey everyone." I say as I reach them.

Everyone just flashes me a smile and then Miss Elena goes away. Allison leaves right after her.

"What just happened here?" I ask them.

"Nothing." Dennis says and goes away too. Jacob follows him leaving me alone. I make my way over to the lunch area where I find Percy and Aiden. After lunch, we went to our bus. I was really looking forward to sit with Jacob, like any other teenage girl who likes spending time with her crush especially after he initiates things between them. But just as I entered the bus, to my dismay, I saw him already seated with Dennis, both of them deeply busy in their phones. Percy sits in the seat across them and having no other option, I sit down beside him, Jacob literally opposite me.

The entire bus journey was quite, probably because everyone was still a little bit tired and sleepy. I was listening to music while talking about hacking and coding stuff with Percy. Let me tell you, that guy is an amazing tech. He isn't a a geek but he's like a cool- smart kid, if you get what I mean. I've always been keen on tech stuff so that conversation wasn't boring for me. Call me a bit tad geek, I don't care.

Our first destination was this really beautiful lakeside. Jacob and Dennis walked out the bus without even noticing my existence. Percy went along with his other friends, leaving me stranded alone. Having no other company, I slowed my pace and walked alone behind the crowd. Miss Elena saw me all alone and came up to me.

"Why are you alone? What happened to the others?"

"They are all busy." I shrugged my shoulders trying to not look her in the eye.

Just as she was about to reply, the other faculties called her.

I walked through the entrance that led to the scene. The lake was amazing. It was vast with clear blue water and hills surrounding it. It went as far as I could see. Just as I was busy losing myself in this mesmerising view, a hand tapped my shoulder.

"Why are you here alone?" I know all of you were hoping that it would be Jacob, I was too, but it wasn't. It was Percy instead.

"Nah, I was just admiring." I flash him a small smile.

"Come on, everyone's there." He says pulling me along with him.

He takes me over to where everyone was busy clicking pictures with everyone. I was upset that none of them thought of me while they were having so much fun. I know I'm used to getting neglected but it still hurt because I thought this time things would be different, but I guess not everything you want happens your way.

***

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE💫