"DJ Nights And Unreasonable Fights"

CHAPTER 23

Hannah's POV:

"Choose a colour from blue, black and white" I ask Jacob as we make our way to our rooms.

"Depends. What for?"

"Oh, my outfit for the DJ night. I'm confused as to what I should wear. I've got three top choices and you gotta choose one for me."

"You're asking me for fashion advice? I don't even have an opinion of my own. I wear what my mom tells me to."

"This isn't fashion advice. Just tell me a colour."

"Black."

"Okay then. Black it is."

"Dude, that was just abrupt. Wear what you wanna okay."

"I'll see."

I go to my new room. It was all the way on the end of the big ground where all the rooms and tents were present. Jacob's tent was on the other end of the ground. I was a bit sad because I won't be able to go meet him whether I wanted to. But it was okay since this was only a spare hotel for a day.

Still confused about what to wear for the DJ party, I unpack my luggage and throw it over the bed.

"What the hell are you doing? Why is the room so messy?" Liv shrieked the moment she entered the room.

"I have nothing to wear for the DJ. I need something black immediately. I mean I have black but it's all meh. You get me?"

"I do and I don't."

"Just help me."

"Geez okay."

After 20 minutes of searching and mix- matching outfits, we finally put together an amazing outfit.

"Now that is the defination of a party perfect dress."

"You are a lovesaver."

" A what now?"

"You practically saved my love life here. So you're my lovesaver. You know like a lifesaver but you saved my love life instead."

"You do know that Jacob doesn't like you because of how you dress right?"

"Of course I know that. Wait, you really think he likes me?"

"You're delusional if you don't think so. Come on, have you seen the way he look at you. The way he cares about you. The way he pampers you. And I'm not gonna ignore the stuff you'll do during the bus rides."

"We're best friends okay. All of that is pretty normal."

"Yeah, that's normal with best friends who are in love with each other."

"Okay, I said I like him but I'm not in love with him, I think."

"I wouldn't be surprised if you were. Have you seen yourself around him? You're so happy whenever he's around, always smiling, always laughing. You get upset when he leaves you. You feel hurt when he ignores you."

"That's caused I'm attached to him too much."

"Whatever you say. But now get ready, we're getting late."

I quickly change into my outfit for the night. I wear a black ruffled top matched with a pair of black ripped jeans. I put a silver bracelet round my wrist and wear my black high tops. I put my lip gloss, tie my hair into a princess braid and take my leather jacket, closing the room door behind me.

 I put my lip gloss, tie my hair into a princess braid and take my leather jacket, closing the room door behind me

As I reach the venue, I see everyone already there, dancing to their heart's content. I find my group dancing at one of the corners and join them over there. After a really long and sweaty dance session, we head over to the dinner place. I was barely in the mood of eating anything so I leave the place and go over to my room, to change in my comfortable PJs. I drag Percy with me because I didn't want to go alone. Halfway, Aiden meets us and the three of us head up to my room. Just as I'm about to reach my room, someone calls me-

"Han, wait up."

Without having to turn around, I recognise who it is because only one person calls me by that name. I open the door indicating Percy and Aiden to go in.

I hop off my the porch and make my way towards Jacob. He wraps he hands around my waise and pulls me closer.

"What's up?" I casually ask him.

"I kinda have to go right now."

"Go? Go where?"

"Allison is throwing a birthday party for her friend tonight and she kinda needs me to be there to blow the balloons."

"So wait, you're going to a birthday party of a person, who doesn't even care if you're there are not, just to blow balloons."

"She said she needed me and I couldn't say no. Look, I'm sorry okay."

"Okay so if blowing balloons at some random person's birthday party is more important for you than spending the only time you get with me, then I won't stop you." I push away his hands. "Have fun, Jacob. Goodnight."

I go into my room without waiting to listen to his reply. I wasn't pissed at him nor was I hurt that he didn't choose to spend time with me. What upset me was that the birthday girl, Sarah, for whom the party was being thrown doesn't like Jacob at all.

"Where's Jacob?" Percy asked when he saw me enter the room alone.

"At Sarah's birthday party."

"Since when is he friends with Sarah?" Aiden asks, giving me a really bad confused look.

"Ever since Allison needed people to blow balloons for Sarah's surprise birthday party."

"That makes more sense. But are you okay?"

"No I'm not. Before coming to this trip, Allison had told me that she couldn't hangout with us much because her friends, especially Sarah, don't like Jacob. They think he's too loud and outgoing for their taste."

"So that's why you're upset."

"I'm not upset at him. I just hate the fact that people always take advantage of his sweet and naive nature. They basically get all of their work done from him all the time and he never realises that he's being used."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I open it to find those beautiful hazel eyes staring back at me with a smirk on his face.

"You came back?" Secretly hoping that it was true.

"Not exactly. I still kinda have another fifteen minutes before they start blowing the balloons."

"I knew this was too good to be true." I reply while opening the door wide enough for him to get it.

"Hey, don't be upset. I promise I'll make it up to you."

"Yeah whatever."

We play cards for a while until it was time for Jacob to leave again. Having nothing better to do, Percy, Aiden and I head outside for a small midnight stroll. As we move past Allison's room, I could hear loud music blasting through the windows. We walk around the area for a bit until half past midnight and go back to our rooms. I check my phone and having received no message from Jacob, go off to sleep, disappointed.

***

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE💫