"Catch-Ups And Make-Ups"

CHAPTER 16

Hannah's POV:

I oversleep a bit this morning. By the time I wake up, it's already 7:40 am which meant that I had to be at school in the next twenty minutes. I quickly take a two- minute shower and put on the first pair of clothes I find in my cupboard. It was a white crop top with long sleeves which had two bold stripes round my elbows. Down, I had jet black jeggings which were cut at both my knees. To complete the kinda tom- boy look, I take out my black combat boots and tie my hair into a high ponytail.

 To complete the kinda tom- boy look, I take out my black combat boots and tie my hair into a high ponytail

I see my parents still asleep in the next room. Since it was already getting late, I don't bother waking them up. I quickly rush downstairs, grab a juice box from the refrigerator and run out the door. I don't bother checking my phone as I walk in fast paces towards to school not wanting to be late. I let out a breath of relief as I see the school gate still open. I hurry to my locker and then to my class. Just as I'm about the enter the class, a hand pulls me away. I jerk back my hand and turn around to meet the gaze of a particular pair of hazel eyes that I had been trying to avoid since today morning.

"Where were you? I texted you so many times but you didn't respond."

"I woke up late so I didn't get time to check my phone." I reply avoiding his mesmerising eyes as much as possible.

"Hannah, you aren't even looking at me. What's wrong?" I sense genuine concern in his tone.

"So you avoid me for two whole days without explaining yourself, it's okay but when I do it, I need to explain it." I look up to meet his gaze as I raise my voice.

He was a little shocked by my sudden outburst. He opened his mouth to respond but no words came out.

"Now, don't talk to me until you have a valid explanation for your behaviour. Bye Jacob." Saying this, I turned and walked into class. He followed behind me and sat in his usual sit near me.

Just as lunch break begins, I see Dennis and drag him with me into an empty classroom.

"I'm suspecting that since Jacob is on speaking terms with me, you and him must have had a conversation regarding his behaviour."

"Yeah, we did talk about it."

"Jacob knows I like him, doesn't he?"

No response.

"Am I that evident?"

"Well, a little bit." He replies coyly. "But most of it is because people tell him that you like him."