Burning Memories

Your P.O.V

"( Y/N ), Follow me!" Alois's voice echoed as he smiled brightly. He took a tight grip on my wrist, and his slim legs took off running; pulling me along effortlessly, with him.

 "Where are we going?" I asked out of confusion, but a giggle left my lips. There was something about being curious, I found so funny. 

 "It's a surprise, of course." The boy's young, sweet voice filled my ears as we both continued running. 

 Minutes passed and the running came to a halt. I felt his soft hands, grab ahold of my wrists and he pulled me to his side. Out of pure shock, my free hand lifted to cover my agape mouth and my other hand intertwined with Alois's. 

 It was incredibly hard to form a sentence but I opened my mouth and let my feelings form words; "This is absolutely beautiful..." 

I watched Alois nod his head with a silly smile plaster across his face, "Of course it is, just like you, (Y/N)." 

Instantly, a giggle sounded from my mouth but slowly my pale cheeks were fading to a rosy pink. Standing in front of me was a huge garden covered in blue bells. Alois knew so well. We both favored blue bells. I wondered how he found such a deserted place; a place so far from town.

 "(Y/N), I brought you here because I want you to know that you are all I have.. you know that?other than Luka..nobody really knows me the way you do ..and I made this place ours. I want you to promise everyday before dark you'll come here to see me..can you promise that?"

The words I heard warmed my heart and I felt it almost ache. Alois was the only true friend I made. Living in such a small village, there weren't many people my age and Alois was so different than anyone else i've met. I loved him like a brother but sometimes I wasn't sure how I felt.

 "I promise." The words I so strongly felt slipped from my innocent speaking lips and I squeezed onto the boy's hand.

 "Every day before dark.." I whispered to myself. 

Pulling my knees up to my chest, the feeling of wanting to curl into nothing filled my veins. My bloodshot eyes stung as they filled with pools of tears that soon began pouring down my reddened cheeks. The painful tears drenched my tattered royal blue dress. I wiped my eyes until they were raw and my eyelids felt weak. I lost him, everyone, everything. I had lost it all.  Brushing off my dirty dress, I shakily took a stand. I walked out of the musty alley in which I spent the most time in. I needed to get out. I needed at least some food, I haven't eaten for days.  I began walking, getting disgusted looks from strangers. It hurt inside. It brought me pain to think how cruel people could be. I had grown used to the rude strangers though considering I haven't had a home since I was 11. I'm 13 now. My thoughts were suddenly gone when  I noticed a young boy from afar. His hair appeared a soft colored blonde. The thumping began in my chest, beating so loud; I could hear it and I started to run towards him. Dizziness took over me and I stumbled forward crashing into him. My clumsiness knocked both of us down, me beside him. I rubbed my head, and sat up turning to look at him. 

 "What the h-" he yelled, cutting himself off. 

 Rubbing my eyes and squinting, I peered up at him. Was my mind playing tricks on me? The boy in front of me had hair the color as dark as the night sky. It was only in my mind that the boy had blonde hair like Alois. I stood up slowly, with my legs slightly shaking. A tall man, with dark black hair had helped the boy up. 

 "My apologies, I.. thought you were someone else.." I choked out, running my fingers through my tattered hair.

 The young boy brushed himself off. "That's fine, but may I ask are you alright, miss?" 

I nodded, putting one strip of hair behind my left ear.

 The tall man's eyes averted down to my height, and he took a step closer. 

 "Ah, Milady it seems to be that you've scratched yourself." He said reaching his gloved hand up to my cheek.

I was sort of frightened by the tall man, and the fact he had the courage to touch me. I stepped back a little. He responded to my actions and returned beside the young boy.

"Sebastian, bring her back to the manor." The young boy spoke.

Before I had the time to do or say, the tall man known as Sebastian, swept me off my feet and set me inside the carriage. I was confused by their forward actions but chose to keep quiet, considering by the look of it, the young boy was a noble and I'd hate for something false to slip. I tended to say the wrong things to the wrong people. As a few silent minutes passed, the carriage came to a stop and Sebastian let me out first, the young noble after and then himself. The three of us walked towards the entrance of a large estate. Sebastian held the door and let me inside. 

"Young master, your evening tea will be set shortly." Sebastian said before exiting down the hall.

The boy turned to face me and spoke up, "I'm Ciel Phantomhive, the head of this estate, I live here with my butler Sebastian, and three other servants. I am also known to be the queens watch dog." I listened to his words intently' I hated to judge..but he had no emotion.

I gave him a slight smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, lord." I attempted to act polite.

"My name is (Y/N)." I added.

"Lady (Y/N), I brought you here because I could see you had no place to stay. I will let you join me for evening tea in my study so I can ask you a few simple things. If you need anything i will have my maid, Meyrin assist you for the night."  Ciel spoke as he left, walking up the stairs.

Standing in silence, not knowing where to go, I heard light foot steps coming from behind me. I instantly turned around to see a woman dressed in a maids outfit with bright, red hair, and big glasses to cover her big brown eyes. 

"Hello! I'm Meyrin, I will help assist you for the night. Your room is upstairs and I'll have clean clothes and nightgown ready for you, after you bathe." Her high-pitched voice rang throughout the manor.

I nodded, and she began walking up the stairs while I followed. She walked down the hall and we reached the last door as she opened it. 

"This will be your room for the night, Lady (Y/N)." " I will leave you to clean up and change." She said as she left the room to leave me be.

I looked around the new room. I was so stunned to be in such an elegant building like this. Was this my bed? Last night I slept where the animals do..

Still intrigued by the royalty, I walked to the bathroom which happened to be connected to the room. I undressed, setting my old ripped dress on the floor. I cleaned up my body where dirt had stained slightly on my skin, and I washed my hair. I eventually stepped out of the bathtub, wrapping a robe around my body. I dried off and began dressing into the maroon red dress Mey-rin had left for me. I fixed up my hair, and then left the room. As I walked out the room I saw Sebastian walk by. 

"Right on time for the evening tea, Miss, follow me." His sophisticated voice filled my ears as we both walked down the hall. He then stopped in front of a large door and knocked.

"Come in." I heard Ciel speak softly from inside.

Sebastian opened the door, letting me in first then himself and the tray with tea. 

"(Y/N), Please, have a seat."