Critical Phase

Your P.O.V

Unaware of my surroundings, I sat up quickly in an unfamiliar bed. My eyes blinked rapidly as I wiped the sleep from them. I ripped the covers from my body and I was about to stand up when I heard a knock and man came through the door.  

"Goodmorning, Lady (Y/N)." Sebastian spoke as he handed me a cup of tea.

The memories flooded my brain now. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me, I must treat all guests well." A sly smile formed on his lips.

"Breakfast will be ready shortly." Sebastian added before leaving me alone once more.

Placing my warm cup of tea on the windowsill, I approached my wardrobe and opened the doors. My fingers delicately caressed each and every dress dangling from each rack. My trailing fingers stopped once reaching a dark purple dress. I took it out of the wardrobe and held up to my body in the mirror as if waiting for my own approval before slipping it over my bare body. I sat down at the vanity in front of me. Brushing through my locks of hair until it was as smooth as can be. 

Once I left my room, I realized I was growing far too comfortable in this home of wealth. They couldn't possibly just let me stay here. Of course they would be kind at first, but there had to be some catch. They'd need something in return somehow. I couldn't just be some guest.

Shaking my own head to forget my thoughts, I walked down the stairs. I had to figure out where in the hell I was even going. Once I got to the bottom of the stairs, nothing appeared familiar. I kept going though. I wandered and wandered the endless halls. Suddenly, I heard loud footsteps running towards me, they got louder each and every second.  Before I could turn around, I was pushed to the ground. Once my eyes opened, I groaned and grabbed my head, rubbing where it hurt. 

I slowly sat up, noticing large ocean eyes peering into mine. Blonde locks dusted over his face and a sweet blushed instantly spread across his cheeks.

"Miss, I-I apologize." The boy began to stutter, but he held his hand out for me.

I grabbed his hand, standing up. "Don't you worry about a thing." I said removing my hand from my head and giving him a smile.

"FINNY-" I heard someone shout as a tall man came into view who appeared very unpleased with the shorter man.

"Im Finny, I happen to tend the garden here at the manor." He spook to me as he scratched the back of his neck with a shy expression on his face.

"It's nice to meet you Finny, Im (Y/N)" Responding sweetly, I gave him a kind smile.

"This is bard, he cooks!" Finny chimed in as Bard waved. 

"Well it's nice to meet you both.." I paused, "But could you two maybe..help me? I've sort of gotten lost." I giggled softly, a little embarrassed. "Can you tell me where the dining area is?"

"Of course." Finny cheered as they both walked the opposite direction of where I came from. Making it clear that I was surely going the wrong way. I followed them carefully though, making note of every room that passed and then a large room full of tables and chairs came into view.

"Here you are, (Y/N)" Bard appointed me in the right direction.

"Thank you, both." I entered the dining room and headed over to the table.

"Please, have a seat. Young Master will be arriving any minute to join you for your meal."

I took a seat once Sebastian politely pulled a chair out for me.

He set a plate in front of me, and across from me for both Ciel and I. He filled our cups with tea and placed silverware down as well. Ciel walked into the room, sitting down across from me.

We both began eating, it was a tad awkward. Considering Ciel never spoke, and neither did I. We both finished our food after awhile and Sebastian came in, cleaning the table off. I stood up and started to leave as Ciel grabbed your arm. I turned around quickly, startled by his instant grasp, he then let go of my wrist.

"(Y/N), i wanted to inform you that you are welcome to stay at my manor for as long as you need."

I sighed of relief, "Thank you Ciel..I really do appreciate it."

He then left the room, before I could leave, Sebastian began to speak,

"Milady, before you leave, The master's fiance will be visiting later on today and she would desire to meet you. "

"Certainly, I would love to meet her." I responded with no doubt before exiting the room.

As I headed down the hallway to the stairs I discovered a library. I walked in quietly and began searching the shelves. I didn't mean to peer where I did not belong but I found this place far too intriguing.I took a book off the shelf and sat down in a chair nearby. I flipped through pages, interested in what I saw. I spent quite awhile in the library looking through the different kinds of books. After I felt I was in there for too long, I left the library. I started down the hall when I noticed Sebastian by the door as he let two ladies inside. One was short with a beautiful long, pink dress on. Her hair was long and blonde and pinned up on both sides to create two pony tails. The other slightly taller woman had long brown hair and bells in her hands. I walked beside Sebastian and the younger girl's face lit up.

"You must be (Y/N)! I've heard plenty about you, Im Elizabeth, Ciel's fiance. It is so lovely to meet you!" She squealed from excitement.  

" You too." I reached my hand out for hers.

She denied it, but gave me a tight bear hug. I laughed quietly at how happy she was. Once she let go of me, Ciel appeared into sight.

"CIEL!" Elizabeth screeched loudly, as she wrapped her arms around him as if to break his bones.

I couldn't help but giggle to myself by the fact that Ciel looked frightened by Elizabeth. 

Elizabeth finally let go, "I have a wonderful idea! Why don't we all take a trip around town?" She smiled happily. 

"That sounds great Lady Elizabeth, don't you think so my lord?" Sebastian said.

Ciel nodded, and everyone was about to take their leave as Ciel turned to me, "You're welcome to come with (Y/N)." 

I felt relieved by Ciel's words. I didn't want to invite myself where I did not belong. I followed them all out to the carriage as everyone got inside. The ride wasn't too long and the carriage eventually stopped. Everyone got out and began down the busy streets.

"We have to go there first!" Elizabeth exclaimed and ran towards a flower shop and we all followed along. Even if we didn't want to go. We let her excitement choose.

"Aren't these just beautiful, Ciel?" She smiled holding up some flowers, nearly shoving them in his face. Ciel sighed, but he nodded. "Yes, Elizabeth."

Elizabeth begged Ciel to buy her the flowers she wanted, but the rest of us didn't purchase anything. We then came across a music shop. This shop had all kinds of devices such as phonographs, gramophones and records. I was looking through records, but nothing seemed familiar. I hadn't listened to such music in ages anyhow so I didn't seem to find anything flattering.  Before we left town, I spotted a small jewelry shop. I entered the building alone. I was too intrigued to get the attention of anyone else. My eyes widened from the many sights of golds and silvers, all dangling and sparkly right before me. It was all so beautiful. I wanted to look at each and every single piece of jewelry but my body began to heat up and I started to feel light-headed. Stepping out of the shop and resting my side against the wall, I rubbed my head and let out a sigh.

I felt a slight breeze behind me as if another person walked by. I leaned off the wall and tried to turn around but pressure was applied to my back, arms wrapped around to hold me by the waist as I was pulled away. I screamed out for my dear life but my mouth was instantly covered. My body still being pulled far from where the town full of people could see. 

"Help!" The word struggled to leave my mouth as tears filled within my doe eyes.