Checkmate

Your P.O.V 

"(Y/N)", Please, have a seat." Ciel said.

I took my seat in front of Ciel. My eyes wandered above as Sebastian handed me a cup of Earl Grey. I eagerly took a sip even with the burning on my tongue. I realized my impatience and slowly set it down on the tray in front of me. Once the room was set, Sebastian took his leave which left Ciel and I to sit in silence. 

"Hm." Ciel spoke quietly as he broke the awkward yet eerie quietness. "Well, Miss (Y/N) I need to ask you..how did you lose your home?" He asked trying not to sound cruel, in fact he sounded clever as if he was so many steps ahead of me

A cold breeze gusted through the windows, hitting my sensitive skin and creating chills down my spine. 

'Everyday after dark.'

'I promise.' 

Those words spun through my twisted thoughts like a broken record on repeat.

"I lost my home when i was 11." I stated simply as I took a pause. "I just turned 13..if I counted right.." I nearly laughed at myself in pity. "But right before sundown.. I visited this garden full of beautiful blue bells. I went there everyday, always with my close friend.." I started to tell the awful story. My mind began overflowing with the heartbreaking memories of Alois. "Except that day, I wanted to surprise him by getting there first... and he never showed up. I waited, and waited.. soon enough I could smell the scent of smoke..I thought it was just a forest fire..But I could see more smoke rising from trees farther down and I knew something was wrong. I left that stunning garden while I ran for life.. and my loved one's lives. I ran back to my home..but I was far too late. Everything.. everyone was put up into flames. I watched my home fall to pieces knowing my family was in there. I saw the whole village lose their lives all at once. I was torn, I didn't know how to move but i knew that was the only way to survive.  I left running as fast as my body could carry me. Ever since then i've been alone.." I said not noticing some tears form in my eyes creating a blurred vision.

I saw Ciel look slightly in shock from my story. "I apologize, (Y/N).." 

Growing embarrassed by my emotions, I quickly wiped my eyes. "It's okay.." I said with no expression, but looking up to meet his eyes. 

While I looked into his eyes, I saw something. It was almost like I could feel what he felt. I leaned in a little closer, "You lost your family too..didn't you?" I blurted out. 

 The young noble took a sip of his choice of poison before nodding. "Yes. A fire as well." He spoke nonchalantly.

Eyes widening, I lifted my hands from my lap and went to reach for his hand; I stopped myself. He was different than I. Not emotional. He didn't want the comfort. 

"I'd like to challenge you in a game of chess, have you played?" Ciel abruptly said.

"Oh..no..no I haven't but I'd still- I would love to try," Curling upwards, my pink lips formed a sweet smile.

"Sebastian, the chess board please." Within minutes his butler appeared. All materials in hand and within minutes they were set up across the table. This strange man still blew my mind.

The game of chess begun. My first ever game of one that was so well known. I didn't understand it, possibly I needed to focus more, but I didn't think I'd ever truly get the concept. But I enjoyed watching the noble man play. This boy was intelligent. He knew more than any young mind did. Watching his every move, I was intrigued. He was sure to win. He was one of success. 

"Oh no- Bad move..bad move..Do ov-" I started to doubt myself, but was cut off by the voice of Ciel.

"You won."  The unspeakable had been spoken.

"I did?" I sat up, my eyes widening as I looked down at the board. 

"Ah, Young Master, it appears to be that there is someone who can beat you." Sebastian let the smart comment roll off his devious tongue. 

Ciel didn't say a word after losing. He sat still; watching his butler tidy up the study to each and every bit. 

"That's enough for the night, you may take your leave now." Ciel stood up, pushing in his chair before guiding me to the door.

"Thank you." I quickly bowed before hurrying off to my new room.

Ciel's P.O.V

As (Y/N) left, I slumped into the chair at my desk. Digging through papers, invitations, and anything in sight.  As I sat reading through the mind-killing papers, I tapped my fingers against my desk creating an obnoxious repetitive sound, but I didn't quit. I rested my elbow on my desk, my hand pressed beneath my chin and jawline. I set the paper aside, too tired to continue and Sebastian walked in. 

"My Lord, your actions today were quite uncalled for. Unexpected. Why did you let a stranger in and allow them to stay?" He said staying near the door, a tilt in his head.

 "She had no place to stay." I spoke sternly.

"Mm, is that so? I believe you've taken a liking for Lady (Y/N). That isn't very usual for you." 

I was shocked by Sebastian's words. I hated when he stepped in and confronted my feelings. He didn't need to know how I felt inside. I only brought the poor girl in because it hurt to see her so lost on the streets. The streets are dangerous and for some reason when I saw her..I felt that it was meant to happen. That I was meant to do a good deed I have never done.

"I wont take your nonsense, Sebastian." I didn't say how I really felt.

"Certain, Milord." He bowed towards me and spoke again "It's time to prepare for bed."

Taking my stand, I pushed in my chair before marching down to my bedroom. I sat at the end of my bed, letting Sebastian take care of my priorities.  After he dressed me in my night shirt, I got comfortable and he left the room. I was exhausted but couldn't keep my eyes closed. I sat in the darkness. 

'Young Master, it appears to me that there is someone who can beat you.'

Alois's P.O.V 

Traveling through the long field, my body grew weak from long distance. Branches scraped my skin and dirtied up my clothes.  I was searching for the garden of blue bells that finally stood before me. It hurt..but the sight brought a smile to my face. Picking up a blue bell, I sat down in the grass. I noticed it curling over and it looked crushes, hopeless and broken. I then tossed it to the filthy ground and pulled my knees to my chest.

"Why did you leave me, (Y/N).." 

"Why.." I choked out. My eyes stinging with the pure pain of heart ache, tears beginning to pour down, soaking my once dry cheeks.

Snatching a blue bell flower, I yelled out from anger. I yanked off each and every little piece and petal, sending them to the ground.

"They all left me!" I yelled. "All of them..." my voice softened when I realized I had gone too far. 

My head lifted from the ground when I heard a deep familiar voice. 

"Your highness." Claude spoke sternly.

Looking up at him, the tears stained my cheeks. He stepped forward and wiped them away. It hurt me that Claude was all I had and he did not love me. 

"Claude.. you can't go!"  The words shouted out from me as if Claude really did care about me. "You can't go...ever.."

"Don't ever leave me."

"You're all I have, Claude."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note - I hope you guys like the story so far, I also want to mention I'm not referring everything to the series of Black Butler so Alois never had the name Jim Macken. I apologize this chapter was shorter than the first. Anyways please give me some reviews on what you all think.