Chapter 1-The Escape

The floorboards creaked under your weight as you carefully made your way to the stables. You had been awoken by the sound of crying, and you knew what this meant. You had quickly gotten up and dressed, putting on your armor and hurriedly pulling on your boots.

Hearing voices, you pushed open a stable door. The voices stopped as two men looked at you. One man was elderly, hidden in a cloak, talking to the other man, who sat upon a beautiful black horse. They visibly relaxed when the noticed who it was. The elder man turned to the younger.

"You must make for the woods." He instructed.

"The woods?" The younger questioned.

"They won't follow you there." The man explained. You walked up to the two. "I'm going with him."

"No, it's too dangerous." The younger said.

"Yeah, too dangerous to go alone. Someone needs to protect you."

"I can take care of myself."

You didn't respond, but turned to the older man. "Doctor Cornelius, I can help him. Watch his back." You reasoned. The good doctor looked down in thought, clearly struggling with the decision.

"Very well." He concluded.

You nodded at his response, as Caspian rolled his eyes and held his arm out to you. You grabbed hold and pulled yourself atop the horse behind him. Doctor Cornelius pulled out an object. A horn, by the looks of it, with a carving of a lion roaring at the end of it.

"It has taken me many years to find this." He said, handing it to him. "Do not use it except at your greatest need." He advised. Caspian nodded, and tied the horn to his waist.

"Will I ever see you again?" Caspian asked.

"I dearly hope so, my prince." He said, solemnly. "There is so much more I meant to tell you. Everything you know is about to change."

Noises were heard outside, causing everyone to look. Even the horse was uneasy. "Now go!" Doctor Cornelius instructed. The horse took off without warning. You would have fallen off, had you not grabbed hold of Caspian at last second. As you raced through the courtyard, you came upon two guards holding spears that they crossed into an 'x'.

"Hold it!" One ordered. Caspian of course didn't listen, but grabbed one and threw it at a barrel, starting a fire.

"What was that for!?" You questioned. Caspian turned his head slightly.

"Oh, you're still here?"

"Yes! Where'd you think I went!?"

"I was hoping you'd fallen!" He joked. You rolled your eyes, as the horse cantered across a bridge.

Almost there, you thought. Little did you know, the same exact thing was going through Caspian's mind. Fireworks suddenly could be heard. You turned your head, looking at the spectacle and noticed men on horses, riding after you.

"I knew it couldn't be that easy." You muttered. "Caspian, they're after us!"

You could hear a man in the tower of the castle proclaiming that King Miraz now had a son. Caspian's horse reared before taking off again. You drew an arrow and notched it, turning around and aiming. You let go of the string, and a man fell off his horse, and off the edge of the bridge. You drew another one, hitting another man, who also fell.

You and Caspian raced through the dark plains, your only light the glow of the moon. You notched another arrow, but noticed the men were too far away. You pat the horse's backside. "Good boy, Destrier!" You called to him. He remained focused on his task, though. You soon entered the woods, and you looked behind you, noticing that the other horses were not as willing as Destrier to go through. You smiled and looked ahead.

You rode through the woods, looking behind you what felt like every five seconds. Destrier approached a beach, and started wading in the water, struggling to get across. You turned around again and noticed that the guards were right on your trail.

"Come on, Destrier! Go!" You encouraged. The horse pulled himself out, and continued running. You turned and noticed some men had fallen off their horses. You notched another arrow, and took another man out, causing him to fall and splash in the water. Soon, they were out of your reach again, as you entered another wood. Destrier jumped over a log, and Caspian turned around to see if anyone was following. Your eyes widened.

"Caspian!" You warned, but it was too late. When he looked to what you were warning about, he got smacked in the face by a fallen tree that had stretched across the path. He fell off, taking you with him. He grunted loudly, but his foot was stuck in the stirrup. Before you knew it he was drug away.

"Caspian!" You yelled, running after him. They quickly outdistanced you, and you grunted, putting all of the sprint you had on. You chased after them, and within a minute or two, you had reached Caspian, who was laying on the ground, groaning. You skidded on your knees, and you grabbed his torso, helping him sit up. He winced. "You alright?" You asked. He winced again. "I will be." He replied. "Thanks."

You nodded. A creak was heard, and you both turned to the sound. A little man came running out of a rock, which had tree roots growing over it. Another small man followed.

"They've seen us." One of them said. The slightly taller one drew his sword, and rushed at Caspian. You drew an arrow and pointed it at him. "Don't move!" You instructed. The man stopped his rush, and looked at Caspian, looked at the fallen horn, and back at your friend. Everyone stood, or sat, in a standstill until horses were heard. The man that charged turned to the other. "Take care of them." He instructed, running off in the direction of the horses. You mouth dropped open in a 'o' shape. "He'll get himself killed." You muttered. You looked back just in time to see the smaller man running towards you and your friend. Caspian grabbed the horn.

"No!" The little man yelled. Caspian blew into the horn, creating a soothing, but loud sound. You were so distracted by it you didn't notice the little man hit you over the head with the handle of his sword. You fell over as everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hola!  I don't know how frequently I'll update, with school and all, but I'll try to finish the story within a month or two!  I will also do a sequel for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader as well.