Chapter 3-The Mouse

As you and Caspian made your way through the forest you groaned. Caspian turned to you. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"The plants are up to my waist." You complained. Caspian suddenly stopped, causing you to slam into his back with a thud. He turned around. "I can hear you." He said. You gave him a confused look.

"Well yeah. I'm right-" He pointed behind you, cutting your sentence off as you turned and spotted Nikabrik and the badger, who's name you learned to be Trufflehunter, appear from behind some trees.

"I just think we should wait for the Kings and Queens." Trufflehunter voiced. Caspian said nothing, but continued walking, as you followed in his footsteps moments later.

"Fine! Go then! See if the others will be as understanding!" Trufflehunter said in a slightly mocking tone. Nikabrik ran to catch up.

"Maybe I'll go with you." He said. "I want to see you two explain things to the Minotaurs."

Caspian stopped and turned around. "Minotaurs?" He questioned. "They're real?"

"And very bad-tempered." Trufflehunter said.

"Huh." You voiced. "I know a dwarf or two like that." You said, looking pointedly at Nikabrik, who ignored your comment.

"Yeah, not to mention big." He said.

"Huge." Trufflehunter clarified, taking the lead. Caspian and you fell behind.

"What about centaurs? Do they still exist?" Caspian asked.

"Well, the centaurs will probably fight on your side." Trufflehunter said. You grinned and looked at Caspian.

"But there's no telling what the others will do." Trufflehunter continued. Your face fell into a frown as your eyebrows knit together. Caspian stopped, as if thinking.

"What about Aslan?" He inquired. This caused the two leading the expedition to stop and look at each other. They turned around.

"How do you know so much about us?" Nikabrik asked.

"Legends." You explained.

"Stories." Caspian clarified.

"Wait a minute. Your fathers told you stories about Narnia?" Trufflehunter asked, excitement and pride evident on his features. Your eyes became downcast as you turned around and observed the forest. Caspian sent a sorrowful look your way before returning his focus on the conversation.

"No. My professor."

The two shared another look.

"Listen, I'm sorry. These are not the kind of questions you should be asking." Caspian said, moving forward.

Trufflehunter sniffed the air.

"What is it?" Nikabrik asked.

"Human."

"Them?" He asked. A twang was suddenly heard. The group turned around in time to see a man with an arrow in his chest fall to the forest floor. The looked at you, who quickly pulled out another arrow.

"There they are!" One of the guards shouted. It was then you realized just how many there were. Your eyes widened in fear.

"Run!" Caspian instructed. You put your arrow back in its quiver, and ran for your life, quickly outdistancing the two Narnians. An arrow stuck to the tree just to the right of you as you let out a yelp. A yell was heard and you all turned around. Trufflehunter was laying on the ground, an arrow in his back.