Chapter 10-Battle at the How

Peter and Edmund marched out of the How, wearing their armor proudly. Several Narnians stood on the side, cheering them on. Edmund carried Peter's sword. They arrived at the ruins and stopped. As they walked through, Glenstorm nodded at them, and turned around to face the opposing army.

You ran out of the How to watch the fight. You came to a stop on the other side of Peter, both him and Edmund glancing at you in acknowledgement. Miraz stood, and Peter drew his sword as Edmund leaned the sheath on a pillar. The Narnians cheered loudly in encouragement and excitement. Miraz turned and grabbed his helmet, putting it on and drawing his sword as well. He began slowly walking forward.

Your anxiety raised. You looked up at Peter, and placed a gentle hand on his arm, causing him to turn to you.

"Don't die." You said quietly. "I'd feel like it was my fault, because I was the one that suggested it." You spoke, eyes beginning to water.

"Actually, Caspian mentioned it first." Peter said, a small smile on his face. You could tell he was trying not to worry.

"Well, then it'd be both our faults." You managed to get out. You stood on the tips of your toes.

"Please be careful." You whispered, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. He looked down at you and nodded, walking toward Miraz. You stood closer to Edmund, and started chewing on your fingers in worry. Edmund looked over at you before turning his attention to the battle.

Peter and Miraz began pacing back in forth in front of each other for several moments until Miraz broke the deafening silence.

"There is still time to surrender." He offered.

"Well, feel free." Peter retorted.

"How many more must die for the throne?"

"Just, one." Peter said, pulling down the front of his helmet. He ran to a piece of fallen stone and jumped on it, leaping off and bringing his sword down, which Miraz blocked with his shield. They had only fought for a few seconds, when Miraz hit Peter in the face with his shield. They were blocking, and dodging with every swing. Neither could seem to get the upper hand. You did see Glenstorm and Edmund smile, though.

Miraz swung his sword high, and Peter dodged it. Miraz then swung his shield at Peter, hitting him in the face and knocking his helmet off. You gasped.

"Peter!" You shouted. Miraz swung again, and Peter leaned back, his chainmail falling off his head. Miraz swung his sword again, but he made a mistake in not using his shield. Peter lunged forward, and sliced right above Miraz's knee. He let out a yell, and placed his hand to the wound. They both stood for a moment, panting. Miraz swung low, and Peter leapt over the sword, performing a shoulder-roll. Miraz charged him again, swinging. Peter blocked and swung at Miraz, who also blocked. Miraz suddenly brought his leg out, tripping Peter. He stepped on the edge of Peter's shield, making it bend his arm. Peter let out a yell.

"Peter!" You yelled again. You placed a hand over your mouth in worry. The bear to the side of you did the same, letting out a growl (gasp). Edmund swallowed hard.

Miraz began bringing his sword down again, but Peter rolled out of the way. Miraz tried again, but Peter blocked with his sword, while continuing to roll. He neared a wall, and rolled the other way, knocking Miraz off his feet. Peter quickly stood, and looked up upon hearing a whinny. Miraz stood, and you looked up as well.

Caspian was riding toward you, with Susan sitting behind him.

"Does his highness need a respite?" Miraz asked coldly.